Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Articles & Resources

Old 01-03-2003, 06:09 PM
Janak Parekh
Editor Emeritus
Default PDA Specs Explained

http://www.davespda.com/features/explained.htm

For those of you who are just jumping into the PDA world and are confused by all the processor, memory, expansion, or wireless terminology, check out this overview by pdadave, one of our own Pocket PC Sages.

Old 01-03-2003, 07:18 PM
KyleC
Intellectual
Default Re: PDA Specs Explained

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janak Parekh
...check out this overview by davepda...
That's "Dave's PDA" you forgot the apostrophe and the s. :wink:

It's nice of him to explain terms that we are usually farmiliar with for the "newbies". However, I couldn't help but skim it as he goes on rather long about each one and I can't help but feel that there can be a shorted explanation.

Old 01-03-2003, 07:24 PM
Janak Parekh
Editor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleC
That's "Dave's PDA" you forgot the apostrophe and the s. :wink:
Oops, I meant to say "pdadave", which is his PPCT handle. ops:

Quote:
It's nice of him to explain terms that we are usually farmiliar with for the "newbies". However, I couldn't help but skim it as he goes on rather long about each one and I can't help but feel that there can be a shorted explanation.
Well, there's always a compromise. He's actually trying to explain each of the concepts, as opposed to just defining them, which doesn't work unless you know a thing or two about the topic already.

--janak

Old 01-03-2003, 07:27 PM
Kati Compton
5000+ Posts? I Should OWN This Site!

There's also a nice comparison tool on there that lists specs side-by-side for different PDAs. Plus, there's a tool where you can rank how important different features are for you, and based on that it will recommend a few different models. Not gospel, but it was handy when I was trying to get into PPC.

Old 01-03-2003, 08:14 PM
Dave Conger
Sage
Send a message via MSN to Dave Conger

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleC
However, I couldn't help but skim it as he goes on rather long about each one and I can't help but feel that there can be a shorted explanation.
Janak is totally right about this. I realize the explinations often get long, but new or future users often want to know a little more. Also I wanted to make sure that I defined and explained as much as possible. For a power user the article likely is no help but from what I have heard, many new users really were helped by it.

Old 01-03-2003, 08:31 PM
Kati Compton
5000+ Posts? I Should OWN This Site!

Dave - great site. I visited it a lot when I was trying to decide what to get. It was a big help.

Old 01-03-2003, 11:48 PM
spg
Sage

Nice article dave. Looks very useful for those trying to choose their first PDA. I actually like the detailed explanation, alot of times I would rather sites would go into detail about a product instead of just skimming over it. Before I buy I want to know just about everything there is to know about it. Of course, not everyone is like me, but that is my personal opinion.