Loading feed...

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > Thoughts Media Off Topic

Old 12-29-2002, 04:11 AM
ux4484
Thinker
Default heh.....Hi EdH!

Ed I'd thought you'd like to be one of the first to know.....I'll be receiving a Dell Axim on Jan 9th (xmas gift from the Mrs 8O ).

I've browsed here in the past, but you may see my little blue smiling face around here more :wink: .

The gift is kind of from left field as currently I'm very happy using a Visor Deluxe (since last Feb). I had a Jornada 520 I was toying with for the last 6 months which I sold because it was sluggish (for my most used tasks) compared to the (1/10 speed) Visor.

While I like the price busting concept and swappable battery of the Axim, I'm really not sure I'm comfortable with being more attached to a cradle than I am with my Visor. I can always pack an extra set of batteries in my clip case and be mobile for two months without a sync with my Visor. I loathe having have to lug (charging, headset or sync) cables with me, as they are the most delicate part of any device. My Mrs wisely ordered it with the cradle, zip case and spare battery, so I'll be more mobile than most.
I'm not sure I want to even recieve delivery.......I keep on thinking I could spend the money more usefully elsewhere........and yet.....the shiney case .....the big color screen....... .......and hopefully faster (than my woefully slow Jornada) PIM and MS app functionality....... all lure me to keep it 8O 8) .

What I would personally like to see is the (wild) rumor that Dell would offer a choice of OS with their PDA's. With the Axim and HP 1910 I don't know how Palm can charge what it does for the Tungsten. If Dell offered a choice of OS's we'd see a REAL level playing field price-wise for the first time in BOTH sides of this market.

Be seeing your around Ed!

ux becomes the first PPCthoughts user banned after his first post

Old 12-29-2002, 04:37 AM
Janak Parekh
Editor Emeritus
Default Re: heh.....Hi EdH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ux4484
Ed I'd thought you'd like to be one of the first to know.....I'll be receiving a Dell Axim on Jan 9th (xmas gift from the Mrs 8O ).
Ah, another ex-Buzzer. Welcome aboard.

Quote:
I can always pack and extra set of batteries in my clip case and be mobile for two months without a sync with my Visor.
True, but you'll find the recharging to be so useful when you're not that far away from your desk. It works both ways.

--janak

Old 12-29-2002, 01:20 PM
marlof
Contributing Editor Emeritus

Quote:
You wish. In fact, now you're in, you gotta post!

Old 12-29-2002, 02:36 PM
shawnc
Pontificator

Quote:
No such luck. This site deals with dissent better than any other. Different opinions are embraced and while the discussions can occassionally push the envelope, they RARELY cross the line.

Welcome aboard!

Old 12-29-2002, 03:19 PM
Foo Fighter
Pontificator
Send a message via MSN to Foo Fighter

Oh my God! Ux has joined the dark side? It really is over for Palm now. :wink:

Nice to see you here.

Old 12-29-2002, 03:42 PM
ux4484
Thinker
Default heh.....

dabbling with the dark side, no red light sabre for me yet. As I said; it may go back.......even Vader came back in the end :wink:

Old 12-29-2002, 05:33 PM
Foo Fighter
Pontificator
Send a message via MSN to Foo Fighter
Default Re: heh.....

Quote:
dabbling with the dark side, no red light sabre for me yet. As I said; it may go back.......even Vader came back in the end :wink:
Just do what I (and many others) do....play both sides of the fence. That way you can experience all aspects to each platform. The good, the bad, and the ugly.

Old 12-29-2002, 09:11 PM
JonnoB
Mystic
Send a message via AIM to JonnoB Send a message via MSN to JonnoB Send a message via Yahoo to JonnoB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo Fighter

Just do what I (and many others) do....play both sides of the fence. That way you can experience all aspects to each platform. The good, the bad, and the ugly.
It just must frustrate you so much to have the Palm devices always being bad and ugly and Pocket PC devices always so good. heh

Old 12-29-2002, 09:28 PM
ECOslin
Thinker

Ooh, in Return of the Jedi, wasn't the Emperor was holding a Palm when lightening came from his hands...

Explains the Empire's tendency towards monochrome.

Edward

Old 12-30-2002, 03:15 AM
KyleC
Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo Fighter
It's no fun that way! :wink: But then again, the forums would be no fun if Foo didn't stick up for the little guy, like Apple or Palm.