Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Talk

Old 12-25-2002, 07:17 PM
Default sneak peak at the next ipaq

this looks completely awsome 8O and may make me actually buy an ipaq if it ever comes out

download the vid here
looks a little like a jornada 928 but with it own full sized keyboard and if its a fake then some one went through a lot of trouble just to fool us all

thanks to and

[Edit by Admin: the file download now links to the file on Thoughts]
Old 12-26-2002, 04:48 AM

Wow, I love it. It's a mock up tho' If you watch when the guy tap it's screen. The screen doesn't change at all. (Menu bar stays on)

- It answers the Zaurus SlC-700
- little on the bigger size, and the keyboard looks flimsy.
- love the metallic look.
- the screen is still QVGA, what's up with that?
-doesn't seem to have wireless built in. (what's that 2 other LEDS for tho'?)

I wonder how long HP lawyers will yank that macromedia file from the net. Better save the file quick. Once it make the PPCT front page.'ll be all gone.
Old 12-26-2002, 07:32 AM
Send a message via MSN to Delta737
Default new ipaq

WOOOW. I would DEFINATTELY buy that one. Small, but a keyboard included. Really really like the concept!
Old 12-26-2002, 07:43 AM
Paul P
Send a message via AIM to Paul P

That is cool. Sweet design. Great seeing HP expanding its PocketPC line.

I love how the keyboard unfolds. I wish the screen was a little bigger.

Is that an SD or a CF slot?

Originally Posted by mookie123
I wonder how long HP lawyers will yank that macromedia file from the net.
We've had quite a few leaks from HP lately. Almost seems like they are intentional on their part. :confused totally:
Old 12-26-2002, 07:44 AM

I wonder if this is the supposive next model due out in Feb.
Old 12-26-2002, 07:54 AM

Cool, cool, cool. Would I buy it? Absolutely. I switch PPC's monthly anyway. I'd love to see something like this!
Old 12-26-2002, 01:17 PM

Well, my first reaction from your pic above was "Photoshop fake!" especially with the filename of and the news braking on Christmas Day, but you're right - that is a LOT of effort to go to for a practical joke. Maybe it's a concept rather than a production unit. :?

If it's real then there's going to be another shakeup in the PPC market. This is a GREAT form factor. I like the idea of a protected screen and a built-in keyboard (even Zaurus style) is a great idea.

Now I'm wondering about the e750 rumour from the same source! I'm gonna watch it again more carefully.....
Old 12-26-2002, 04:17 PM

the E750 is just like the japanese genio model recently released, nothing controversial.
Old 12-26-2002, 05:08 PM

In the words of the pointy eared one. Fascinating.

However in the words of PT Barnum. There's a sucker born every minute.

It looks real. But...can you say iWalk? Can you say iPad. However the vast majority of those were still shots with one exception and even then that was like a 2 second deal.

Call me the undying skeptic. I will believe it when HP sends a tactical nuke to take out their site. Something like this would be so hush, hush that it would call for strategic nuclear bombing on the part of HP.
Old 12-26-2002, 09:08 PM

There's a person I work with who told me he was testing some type of iPAQ prototype. He said it runs CE .net, has a built-in keyboard, half VGA, built-in wireless, either 256 or 512 MB built-in (I can't remember which it was), and ran a 600 MHz Xscale. I never got a chance to actually see it so I can't verify that this is the same model he had, but it is possible. He said it was more targetted at vertical markets rather than consumers though. Next time I see him I'll see if he still has it and see if I can get more info on it.