Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 12-21-2002, 05:43 AM
Brad Adrian
Editor Emeritus
Send a message via AIM to Brad Adrian Send a message via MSN to Brad Adrian
Default 10% Savings On iPAQ 5455

http://www.shopping.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpdirect/shopping/scripts/product_detail/product_detail_view.jsp?product_code=900612

If you're thinking of buying a new iPAQ 5455, you can get a pretty good deal if you buy it directly from the HP online store. If you use the discount code SV1578 when you check out, you will recieve a $70 discount and free two-day shipping. HP is already throwing in a free leather case in the deal, so it's a pretty attractive package.

I have absolutely NO idea how long the discount code will be valid, though, so don't wait too long.

Old 12-21-2002, 09:02 AM
Pony99CA
Swami
Default Here's the Link

For those of you who hate hunting for things, here's the HP 5455 link. I simulated an order, and they're still accepting the coupon. :-)

Steve

Old 12-21-2002, 05:29 PM
rcobourn
Pupil
Send a message via ICQ to rcobourn Send a message via AIM to rcobourn Send a message via MSN to rcobourn Send a message via Yahoo to rcobourn

Whee, $49.99 for next day shipping! :evil:

Old 12-21-2002, 06:06 PM
Paul P
Theorist
Send a message via AIM to Paul P

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcobourn
Whee, $49.99 for next day shipping! :evil:
I bought mine couple of day ago. They had free 2 day FedEx and shipped my package within hours (must be some kind of record, at least in my book).

Their Ground shipping is $30 bucks. For $660, you're still saving $40-50 over any competitor (plus the free case), so I'd be willing to wait for that. The real advantage of buying from HP is their return policy.

Old 12-21-2002, 08:31 PM
dhoward
Ponderer
Default [b]Free Shipping has expired[/b]

Free Shipping expired on Friday midnight 12/20/02.

10% Discount good until 12/31/02.

Old 12-21-2002, 10:51 PM
skypilot
Neophyte

[quote="Paul P"]
Quote:
The real advantage of buying from HP is their return policy.
What about their return policy is so great? Is it the 30 days that you like?

Old 12-21-2002, 10:55 PM
Foo Fighter
Pontificator
Send a message via MSN to Foo Fighter

The Gadgeteer crew is having a lot of problems with their units. The 5455 may be a lemon.

Old 12-21-2002, 11:21 PM
Paul P
Theorist

[quote="skypilot"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul P
Quote:
The real advantage of buying from HP is their return policy.
What about their return policy is so great? Is it the 30 days that you like?
Most online stores will not let you return if anything is wrong (short of CDW/Bestbuy/CircuitCity...with the latter 2 charging taxes). I am not a believer in not being to return a defective product and immediately having to use the warranty out of the box. It's not the 30 days that I like, it's the fact that I can return it, period. So it's important to check the return policy.

I am mostly worried about deadpixels. Many people have had deadpixels with their 3955/75s. I don't know if it's bad luck, but deadpixels seem to follow me. I've recently had to return a laptop due to four deadpixels on the screen, and just yesterday I discovered 2 deadpixels on my Axim.

Old 12-21-2002, 11:31 PM
Paul P
Theorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo Fighter
The Gadgeteer crew is having a lot of problems with their units. The 5455 may be a lemon.
Little ironic, I saw this on their website after posting:

Typical! I have a dead pixel in the lower-middle of my 5455's screen, the cover-pack that came with it has already started wearing a groove/scratch in the side, and so far the battery life appears to S*CK...and that's with the Bluetooth and WiFi turned off. :0/ I am going to have to do a controlled test with Battery Monitor to see if it's as bad as I think it is...

He ordered from Mobile Planet, let's see if he will have any luck replacing it for a new unit.

Old 12-22-2002, 12:23 AM
profe
Pupil
Default Read the fine print!

HP is being a little sneaky on this one. If you read "What's in the box," you'll discover that they pulled the cradle out and want to sell it to you for another $40, making the total discount only $30, or 4.2% discount! :evil:

Also, it appears the free shipping offer expired Friday night. :cry:

I checked the box at CompUSA and the cradle IS included in the standard retail package.

I wish companies wouldn't make it so hard on consumers to get an honest, yet good deal.