Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 12-20-2002, 03:02 AM
Brad Adrian
Editor Emeritus
Send a message via AIM to Brad Adrian Send a message via MSN to Brad Adrian
Default New TwoPeaks Wallet Application

http://www.twopeaks.com/Main/software/flexwallet/

Our good friend Mel at TwoPeaks Software has just released some new electronic wallet software, FlexWallet, for securely storing any kind of information you want to keep safe from prying eyes.

FlexWallet has some neat features:

� Both Pocket PC and desktop versions, which synchronize seamlessly
� Until January 1, 2003, desktop version included FREE
� Uses 128-bit encryption
� Customizable data templates
� Over 100 icons for easy data classification
� Easy setup and use

Personally, I couldn't IMAGINE carrying a Pocket PC without this type of application. Otherwise, I'd be forced to either remember or write down important data like my 3 kids' social security numbers, my 5 Pocket PC serial numbers, 58 software keys and 78 Web site passwords.

Not too surprisingly, TwoPeaks has again offered to share its new software with Thoughts readers by generously giving away 10 (yes, 10) free copies of FlexWallet (both the Pocket PC and desktop versions)! As usual, we'll hold the random drawing according to our complex whenever-Brad-gets-around-to-it policy (probably in a couple of days). If you want a chance to win, though, you gotta be registered with this site. While you're waiting for me to get organized enough to hold the drawing, though, you can download the separate Pocket PC and desktop versions here.

Old 12-20-2002, 03:46 AM
MPSmith
Thinker
Default Two Peaks - quality organization

Looks like a good alternative to e-wallet (and others).

I had a good experience when I bought Perfect Home from Two Peaks and would recommend anyone do business with them. Their customer service seems very good. They were very responsive to my inquiries.

I've asked them if it is compatible with WinCE 3.0 (I'm a J720 user) and will let you know what I find out.

Just my two pennies!

Mike

UPDATE: See what I mean... two minutes later they respond to my question. It will not work (boo-hoo for me).

Old 12-20-2002, 04:10 AM
jpaq
Intellectual

Funny this comes up.

I was looking for people's opinions on E-wallet apps.

I've used the app that came with the HP 568 (Codewallet, I believe).

Looking for something secure and complete.

Thoughts? :roll:
- Dr. Cox, Scrubs

Old 12-20-2002, 04:14 AM
MPSmith
Thinker
Default e-wallet is fine

I used e-wallet with my old 3600 series ipaq. It worked great and the info was easy to get to. I would recommend getting the ppc & desktop version. If you want to get full use of the program, you'll be entering info a LOT. Just make sure you have with the desktop version or are very good at entering lots of info on your PPC.

I don't know anything about code wallet, though.

Old 12-20-2002, 04:14 AM
Will T Smith
Thinker
Default Missing feature???

I currently use eWallet and I'm very pleased.

I've used CodeWallet in the past and I've found they have VERY similar functionality.

The one feature that they DON'T have is record based synchronization. That is, when I sync eWallet, It's a whole file or NOTHING. This makes it impossible to make changes on the desktop AND the handheld simultaneously. You can choose one file or the other.

The sync mechanism SHOULD be able to scan individual records and identify (CHANGE/ADD/REMOVE) operations. In this way, I can make changes in both places and not have to worry about data loss.

So my question is ...

Does this new wallet application support record based synchronization?

Old 12-20-2002, 04:34 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Re: Missing feature???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will T Smith
The sync mechanism SHOULD be able to scan individual records and identify (CHANGE/ADD/REMOVE) operations. In this way, I can make changes in both places and not have to worry about data loss.
That would require it being a database, right? Unless I'm guessing wrong here, it's not - and, honestly, I don't see this being a big requirement from any of the applications (though I know you want to see it).

Old 12-20-2002, 04:40 AM
Brad Adrian
Editor Emeritus
Send a message via AIM to Brad Adrian Send a message via MSN to Brad Adrian

Me, I am definitely a visual learner and visually-centered. That's why I like apps like this that allow me to customize forms and even change the icons. It may sound like a small thing, but it makes it much easier for me to see and locate the on-screen info I'm looking for.

Old 12-20-2002, 04:47 AM
Sheynk
Thinker
Send a message via AIM to Sheynk Send a message via MSN to Sheynk

This looks like a better version of the Handango Vault

This is an awesome app...but i would be too lazy to input all the info there

Old 12-20-2002, 05:39 AM
l0o5er
Ponderer

I've been using eWallet for the last year & have found this genre of application to be very useful. I use it for storing bank account details, web site usernames/pswds, details on my various domains & other bits of info that would otherwise be lost on a piece of paper in my wallet. I just downloaded the trial version & immediately enjoyed the clean UI & ability to customise categories. In answer to someones query above, it seems to use file-based synchronisation. Only mod it needs in my opinion is capacity to change the template of a card category without having to reenter the cards in that category. Can't recommend it higher than to say I bought it after 5 minutes of playing around with it. Great job.

Mitch

Old 12-20-2002, 06:56 AM
Ojster
Pupil

For those of you who are going to buy it you can use the code "clie" on handango site and it will spare you 2USD. I am going to wait to see if I am one of those 10 lucky winners though

Best regards,
Peter

P.s: visit my site for other discount codes