Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Articles & Resources

Old 12-11-2002, 06:04 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default First Thoughts from BargainPDA on the iPAQ 1910

http://www.bargainpda.com/default.a...owComments=true

Still pondering buying an iPAQ 1910? (low price search) This article may help convince you!

Old 12-11-2002, 06:09 PM
enemy2k2
Theorist

Also check out www.pocketgamer.org for a snibbet about the buttons working perfectly for gaming :!: Supports multiple button presses. No mention of how games run on it though. I've said it before and I'll say it again, if not for the Axim I would pick up this little sweetheart in a heartbeat ops:

Old 12-11-2002, 06:15 PM
JonnoB
Mystic
Send a message via AIM to JonnoB Send a message via MSN to JonnoB Send a message via Yahoo to JonnoB
Default XDA CPU

What is an XDA processor referenced in this article? Someone confusing the XDA phone with the XScale Intel CPU?

Old 12-11-2002, 06:22 PM
spg
Sage
Default Re: XDA CPU

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnoB
What is an XDA processor referenced in this article? Someone confusing the XDA phone with the XScale Intel CPU?
I think he meant PXA processor. At least those are what the specs on HP's web-site say. http://h20022.www2.hp.com/busprod/ov...idebarLayId=63

Sorry for the long URL there. :?

Old 12-11-2002, 07:50 PM
tccox
Ponderer
Default Huh ????

Hmmmmmm,

Non standard earphone jack size

No SDIO slot

Pro Version of Pocket PC , not Premium (No spell check, have to install MP)

Odd memory config/management

But it's small, guess that makes up for other shortcomings to some folks. Not to me......

Old 12-11-2002, 08:05 PM
huangzhinong
Philosopher

I FORGet who mentioned in earlier posts that this model will sell much beter than expected. Now i totally agree with him. It seems SIZE really MATTER.

i Found hp.com has the H1910 CRADLE for sale at $49.99. I am very angry about that. They take away the cradle from the package and make this one as under $300 unit, then sell the cradle seperately at $50, make the final price at least $350. It is a kind of cheating, no difference from viewsonic memory cheating.

Old 12-11-2002, 08:21 PM
huangzhinong
Philosopher
Default Re: Huh ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by tccox
Hmmmmmm,
Non standard earphone jack size
It is not a trouble for me, I like the small size jack.
Quote:
No SDIO slot
I can't afford any SDIO device, not a problem for me.
Quote:
Pro Version of Pocket PC , not Premium (No spell check, have to install MP)
It is prefect for me, I hate HP installed so many garbage into my precious ROM.
Quote:
Odd memory config/management
Don't understand your comment here.
Quote:
But it's small, guess that makes up for other shortcomings to some folks. Not to me......
Absolutely for me.

Old 12-11-2002, 08:57 PM
shawnc
Pontificator

Quote:
Originally Posted by huangzhinong
i Found hp.com has the H1910 CRADLE for sale at $49.99. I am very angry about that. They take away the cradle from the package and make this one as under $300 unit, then sell the cradle seperately at $50, make the final price at least $350. It is a kind of cheating, no difference from viewsonic memory cheating.
You know, this is getting ridiculous! Every time you think you see a good deal, then the PPC maker tries to squeeze additional blood out of you. I'm finally starting to come around on the 1910 at $299, but without the cradle it really is a $350 device. Since when is a cradle NOT STANDARD EQUIPMENT! It IS deceptive on HP's part. Most consumers would assume a cradle is included. Everyone is giving them credit for being upfront about the memory issue (in contrast to viewsonic) but how is this any better. $50 to be able to set this thing on your desk and see your scheduler. Geez HP, you just don't get it. You don't gouge the customer just because you can! :evil:

Old 12-11-2002, 08:58 PM
JasonY
Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by huangzhinong
I'd have to disagree with you there. The H1910 does come with a USB sync cable and AC adapter: much along the lines of the Axim 300MHz model, so you aren't forced to purchase any additional components like the cradle. Everywhere that I've looked, HP hasn't been misleading about this model not having a cradle included... That in mind, I'd say it's not cheating and certainly it's a lot different than what viewsonic did: False advertising (based on the defacto standards in PPC marketing) vs. pushing down the price by cutting out the perks (although a cradle is more a necessity than a perk).

-jas

Old 12-11-2002, 09:12 PM
Daniel
Thinker
Send a message via ICQ to Daniel Send a message via MSN to Daniel

Seems like a nice little machine but only for a second device, you know...

Daniel