Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Talk

Old 11-25-2002, 10:30 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Take a Seat in the PC Chair

http://www.pcworld.com/news/article...n111902X,00.asp

Workstations like this could be very interesting, but looking at the sheer size of it, I wonder how widely adopted it could ever be? It sure does look comfortable though...

"The four fellows behind Personal Computing Environments--which has as its logo the peace dove--say they have created a new environment for work and gaming (take your pick). Building on the PCE logo, the combination chair-computer comes in models called Peacemaker (starting at $4000) and Masterpeace ($7000). The ergonomic gizmos are designed to position you with your feet up and your back and arms supported, with one or two (or more) flat-panel displays positioned at just the right spot. A keyboard swings into place at just the right height, and a little mouse shelf is positioned just so, to eliminate arm fatigue and repetitive strain.

...The PCs that are part of the chair-computer are built into a case underneath the chair. That chair has a base made of a couple of pipes that lead to the foot rest and pipes that come out of the back and go over the top and serve as the mounts for the flat-panel monitors. The Peacemaker runs on a 2-GHz Intel Pentium 4 and has 1GB DDR RAM, a Western Digital 40GB hard drive, a Logitech keyboard, and a Pioneer North America DVD-ROM 16X. The upgrade features a 3.0-GHz Pentium 4 with 2GB DDR RAM, 180GB hard drive, a 20-inch flat-panel monitor, and a recordable DVD-CD burner."

Old 11-25-2002, 10:42 PM
szamot
Sage

Suddenly Segway seems like it a deal of a century. After all this gagdet here is just a nice box little box with a bunch of pipes sticking out of it. :!:

Old 11-25-2002, 10:43 PM
johncruise
Theorist
Send a message via MSN to johncruise

I don't want to be caught by my friends or anyone I know sitting on that chair inside my house. This has to be the geekiest thing I have ever seen :lol:

Old 11-25-2002, 10:53 PM
Wuss912
Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncruise
I don't want to be caught by my friends or anyone I know sitting on that chair inside my house. This has to be the geekiest thing I have ever seen
Yeah AINT it COOL...

Old 11-25-2002, 10:55 PM
David McNamee
Philosopher

See, now I'd want to rip that sucker apart and put in my own computing equipment. And where the heck are you supposed to put the cradle for your pocket pc??

Old 11-25-2002, 10:57 PM
Terry
Intellectual

These things were at Comdex. Comfortable, but too expensive. I can't even imagine trying to get managment to pay for them. Plus they really lack any space to lay papers out (they have a "solution" for every "complaint" which reminded me a bit of time-share sales pitch I also sat through for a few free show tickets.

Old 11-25-2002, 11:00 PM
jizmo
Thinker

What a great way to hit chicks.

The only thing he is missing is his MobileCap(tm) :lol: :lol:

/jizmo

Old 11-25-2002, 11:02 PM
ECOslin
Thinker

I need a new computer desk, and that ain't it. Chair height has to be whatever my mood is at the moment, monitors have to be at eye level, keyboard has to be useable and I would be embarrassed by having something so 'Tubular, dude'.

David, having used tape, nails, screws, hot glue, epoxy, bungie cords on my own computer desk, I would suggest velcro.

Edward

Old 11-25-2002, 11:05 PM
szamot
Sage

Well there is also this little contraption http://www.officeorganix.com/Eropod500.htm
I just have to figure out how to put that bed in my office - and pull Costanza in style. In case you thought you have seen it all.

Old 11-25-2002, 11:15 PM
welmoed
Intellectual

I see no place to set a coffee cup, for heaven's sake. And how about a telephone? And yes, the PPC cradle? A place to jot a note on a piece of dead tree? And where do you insert a CD? By crawling under the seat? :?

I agree, this is a solution in search of a problem.

--Welmoed