Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 10-25-2002, 10:23 AM
Andy Sjostrom
Pontificator
Default Things I Like With Pocket Controller Part III

http://www.soti.net/

Here's my third part in what will be a seven part Pocket Controller series! This time I am assisted by Brian Goldstein, a Pocket PC Thoughts visitor who just started using Pocket Controller! Brian writes:
"Well folks about 9 hours ago I established an activesync connection from my e740 to my PC via wiFi, and it is still active. A strange fluke you say? I can do it ALL THE TIME! How you ask? How much money you have? OK, Just kidding, but the workaround will cost you $25. No, not to me, to SOTI.NET for Pocket Controller! After reading about it on PocketPC Thoughts I gave it a try. Really cool app, and the side benifit is my activesync connection stays alive! I connect from Pocket Controller via wifi first, the start activesync. No more dropped connections in the middle of transfers (boy does Mazingo make a mess when the connection drops). So that's it folks, been working everytime! Best $25 I've spent since getting the e740!"

To Brian, Pocket Controller obviously adds stability to his ActiveSync setup. To me, as Pocket Controller can connect my Pocket PC to my desktop PC without ActiveSync means less of a dependency on ActiveSync!

Previous parts:
Things I Like With Pocket Controller Part I (skins)
Things I Like With Pocket Controller Part II (file system management)

Full disclosure: I am not associated with Pocket Controller in any way. I have received one free review copy, which is quite common. But that definitely does not lead to automatic raves. I just happen to like Pocket Controller very much.

Old 10-25-2002, 02:01 PM
edgar
Thinker

Thanks for this review. I had been using Pocket Controller for some time and had dismissed the Explorer feature as a redundancy. On revisit, I must agree with you. Again, thanks for this review and all your helpful postings.

Old 10-25-2002, 04:42 PM
amin
Pupil

I never lose an ActiveSync connection on my e740 when syncing by WiFi. I only lose my connection when doing the USB sync. I guess I'll keep my $25 .

Old 10-25-2002, 06:04 PM
PocketPC Addict
Intellectual
Default Bluetooth?

Andy or others...do you know how well the Pocket controller stability might work over a Bluetooth connection? I've found Activesync to be terribly unstable when connected via Bluetooth.

Thanks

Old 10-26-2002, 01:15 AM
farnold
Intellectual
Send a message via ICQ to farnold
Default Re: Things I Like With Pocket Controller Part III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Sjostrom
http://www.soti.net/
Full disclosure: I am not associated with Pocket Controller in any way. I have received one free review copy, which is quite common. But that definitely does not lead to automatic raves. I just happen to like Pocket Controller very much.
Hehe, Andy, fair that you point that out, but really - Pocket Controller is a great piece of software! I couldn't live without it as well... I just happen to be a customer