Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 10-16-2002, 09:21 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default TravRoute CoPilot 3.0 GPS Sleeve for $199.95

http://www.dreampages.com?aff=pocketpcthoughts&page=travpoccop204.html

Our affiliate partner DreamPages seems to have a good deal for those of you looking to get a GPS sleeve for your iPAQ. The regular price is $344.05, it's on sale for $329.95, and if you use the code "jasonrocks" (I don't pick these codes) you'll get a $130 discount to get it down to $199.95. Coupon code valid until 10/18 or while supplies last.

"Turn your Pocket PC device into an amazing GPS navigation system with Pocket CoPilot. This exciting new technology gets you precisely where you need to be with directions to any address nationwide. And with dynamic voice navigation and route guidance technology, Pocket CoPilot not only shows you where to go, it verbally guides you to your destination in real-time with audible text-to-speech directions. Yes, you'll hear, "1.3 miles ahead, turn left on South Street." If you miss a turn or get off track, Pocket CoPilot automatically reroutes you."

Old 10-16-2002, 09:52 PM
kagayaki1
Thinker

That's a pretty steep discount! I wonder if something new is coming down the pipeline, warranting the clearance...

Old 10-16-2002, 09:54 PM
willkess71
Ponderer
Send a message via AIM to willkess71 Send a message via MSN to willkess71
Default Re: TravRoute CoPilot 3.0 GPS Sleeve for $199.95

You Said the code was...

"jasonrocks" (I don't pick these codes)

I happen to believe that it is true!

Thanks for the news on this, I am pretty sold by my Garmin and Teletype but this may be the incentive to move to a single sleeve approach.

Old 10-16-2002, 10:01 PM
davenap
Neophyte

Deleted by owner, my bad...

Old 10-16-2002, 10:22 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by davenap
You can also go directly to www.travroute.com and get this for $199 from the vondor. They have come up with a new jacket and it looks like they are just trying to get rid of the old ones.
Well, if they're both the same price, only buying through DreamPages supports this site by throwing a few bucks our way, why buy from the vendor?

I often wonder if people realize how frustrating it is to have my own readers sabotage my efforts to make a partial living off this site. :?

Old 10-17-2002, 12:41 AM
daninnj
Ponderer

Darn...the sleeve doesn't fit the Jornada... :wink:

DanInNJ

Old 10-17-2002, 12:47 AM
davenap
Neophyte

Sorry about my prevous post. I did not mean to take money away from you, I didn't realize that you benifitted from it. My mistake.

Old 10-17-2002, 01:40 AM
yellow1
Pupil
Default hum...

...it might still be worth getting it from Travroute, because if you get it from them and don't like the Navman sleeve you can apaprently upgrade to the new sleeve (see my website for more detials) coming out next week for $150. I don't know if your affiliate offers that deal.

Just my 2 cents.

Keith
www.gpspassion.com

Old 10-17-2002, 03:44 AM
adamr2k
Neophyte

I ordered one via Pocketpcthoughts.com (I want my kickback :P )

What is difference in the sleeves anyway? They look the same to me except one is round on top and the other is square.

Do you people know the difference?

I think $199 was a good price for GPS or did I get ripped?

BTW - They are out of stock !!! I got the last one sorry guys :P

- Adamr

Old 10-17-2002, 03:59 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by davenap
Sorry about my prevous post. I did not mean to take money away from you, I didn't realize that you benifitted from it. My mistake.
Ah, no big deal - I'm hypersensitive to this kind of thing by now anyway. :wink: But if you're ever wondering, 99% of the time I'll put the word "affiliate" in the post which means it's a money-grubbing post. :lol:

Maybe someday the ad revenue from this site will evolve to the point where I don't have to worry about this - wouldn't that be nice? 8)