¹ Accessing the Zune Hard Drive - Thoughts Media Forums Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune Talk

Old 11-28-2006, 07:00 PM
Aaron Roma
Editor Emeritus
Default Accessing the Zune Hard Drive

http://zuneboards.com/OFFICIAL-Use-your-Zune-as-an-External-HD-AND-ADD-FILES-t-695.html

"This tutorial will tell you how to add, edit, create new files on the Zune, without using the software supplied by the Zune team."

For those of you just dying to be able to directly access your Zune's hard drive, well this hack is for you.  Notice the Zune device icon in the above screenshot?  Check out this helpful tutorial for the steps need to access your Zune as a USB hard drive.  Hopefully this will be a standard feature of Zune with a future update.  While this is a standard feature of many of today's portable devices, I've never had much need for the feature myself.  Do you ever have a need to access your portable media player's storage?

Old 11-28-2006, 09:13 PM
Rocco Augusto
Editor Emeritus

personally, i never like to use the software provided by the company that makes the product. i just like to drag my files onto the device myself and go

Old 11-28-2006, 10:54 PM
jenneth
Pupil

I never really used my MP3 players as portable hard drives until I got an 80GB iPod - just seemed like too much storage to not use it for files as well! I don't think I'll be using my Zune as a hard drive, though.

Old 11-29-2006, 10:23 PM
USArcher
Ponderer
Default Camera Users

I transfer files from my digital camera all the time to my 20GB player. It comes in really handy when your on the road. Zune seems to have the potential to be an awesome device for us amateur photographers.

Old 11-30-2006, 06:38 AM
mrozema
Intellectual

That works so well!
The best part is that it doesn't have to be perminent.

Old 03-20-2007, 02:22 PM
zomigi
Pupil

USArcher, can you tell me how you transfer photos from your digital camera to your Zune? I want to do this when I go on a long trip this May, but I have no idea how. Is there a plug that can connect my camera to my Zune and transfer files?

Thanks,
Zoe