Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 07-27-2002, 08:43 AM
Andy Sjostrom
Pontificator
Default Keep that WiFi network safe

http://www.computerworld.com/securitytopics/security/story/0,10801,72624,00.html?OpenDocument&~f

Computer World recently published a "Top 10 Vulnerabilities in Today's Wi-Fi Networks" article written by Sandeep Singhal. The article is a very good read and helps to address common security concerns. WiFi connected Pocket PCs rock, so if you're a network administrator -- don't shut down the network but make sure it is safe, instead.

Old 07-28-2002, 09:41 PM
Jonathan1
Pontificator

Actually the safest way to avoid security concerns about wireless networks is not to implement them. :wink: To be honest I think in the shop that I work at, that is connected to a nation wide WAN, I think any type of wireless system attached to a LAN or the WAN is grounds for termination. My company takes a fairly hardline approach to wireless which is completely understandable.

The tech is WAY to new. Maybe in 2 or 3 year. *shrugs* Just my 2 cents.

Old 07-29-2002, 12:04 AM
Pony99CA
Swami
Default WLAN Policies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan1
Actually the safest way to avoid security concerns about wireless networks is not to implement them. :wink:
Yes, and abstinence is the safest sex. :lol:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan1
To be honest I think in the shop that I work at, that is connected to a nation wide WAN, I think any type of wireless system attached to a LAN or the WAN is grounds for termination. My company takes a fairly hardline approach to wireless which is completely understandable.
I assume that your "grounds for termination" philosophy applies only to non-IS-approved systems. If that's the case, it makes sense, being akin to not allowing people to install non-approved software due to licensing or virus concerns.

Steve