Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 07-25-2002, 03:21 PM
Andy Sjostrom
Pontificator
Default BBC gives mmO2 XDA thumbs up

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/2148923.stm

I read BBC's review of the mmO2 XDA. The review follows the same pattern as I have seen in many more reviews in public media: it is very positive. I can't blame them! Here are a couple of quotes:

"With an impressive array of features, it fits into a gap in the market where several mobile phone and computer manufacturers are already operating. ... First things first, the XDA looks good, with a sleek, shiny, silver body. It is not too large or heavy, it has a bright, clear screen, and it is pretty easy to use once you get accustomed to using a stylus and tapping on the touch-sensitive screen. ... In terms of value for money, however, it is definitely worth it. I would pay the extra money for the added functionality of having my phone and PDA in one device, and no headache trying to set up a connection to a mobile phone by Bluetooth or infrared. " (Source: Graham)

Old 07-25-2002, 03:36 PM
Master O'Mayhem
Theorist

I Particularly like the carrying case that it comes with!!!

Old 07-25-2002, 04:02 PM
marlof
Contributing Editor Emeritus

Seldom do you see a model as happy with the product she's holding than in this picture. Proof that the XDA is hot stuff!

Old 07-25-2002, 04:10 PM
Ed Hansberry
Contributing Editor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlof Bregonje
Seldom do you see a model as happy with the product she's holding than in this picture. Proof that the XDA is hot stuff!
There is an XDA in that Pic? Must have over looked it. :crazyeyes:

Old 07-25-2002, 04:18 PM
Corn Bread
Pupil
Send a message via ICQ to Corn Bread Send a message via MSN to Corn Bread

Reading all these good reviews of the XDA gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside. Makes me proud to be an XDA user.

I agree with MOM, the freebie leather case is cool.

Old 07-25-2002, 04:49 PM
mookie123
Thinker

.oh wow, pretty and have a nice tan too,..
ehrr. I mean my what a shiny PDA you got there.

Old 07-25-2002, 05:45 PM
possmann
Oracle
Send a message via MSN to possmann Send a message via Skype™ to possmann

What PDA?

:wink:

But seriously - anyone know when VoiceStream/T-Mobile is going to finally get this out on the streets here in the US?

I was expecting this month (late) - which could still happen...

Old 07-25-2002, 07:44 PM
HR
Ponderer

The device itself is great, but for this to be a truly awesome package, MS must release fully functional (as much as possible) versions of pocket Excel, Word and IE.

Old 07-25-2002, 08:23 PM
thenikjones
Ponderer
Default It's TOO BIG!!!!!

Maybe it's a cultural thing, but this unit is far too big. I was looking at one in Dixons (UK high street sotre) and comparing it with my Jornada - it's about the same size (as you'd expect). NO-ONE I know wants a phone the size of my Jornada - there is no way I can slip it in a pocket and forget I'm carrying it. Most people i know prefer Nokias to Ericsons. Why - no external aerial.

It is a nice unit for a PDA user, but no replacement for a phone. Unless the Sendo units are successful, this convergance lark won't be taking off en masse.

Old 07-25-2002, 09:37 PM
EyePAQ
Pupil

I couldn't stand to be without my phone if the PDA part was broken, and had to be sent in for repair, and vice-versa. I don't think I'll ever buy a combo-pda/phone. It's like having a TV/VCR combo. If the VCR breaks (and they do), then you're also out the TV.

Just my $.02