Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 07-22-2002, 01:57 PM
marlof
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Default Modding your iPAQ

http://www.master-corp.co.jp/

Andrew "Master of Mayhem" Farkas found yet another cool toy when he was in Japan. He sent it to Dale Coffing who posted on it, Jason Golden read it, sent in the link to us, and did a bit of Japanese-English translation from the original Japanese site.

I'll quote Jason Golden: "The "Backbone" is a clear plastic replacement for the CF sleeve housing. [...] Apparently, it slims it down to the size of a Silver Slider at the same time... At any rate, since I can read Japanese pretty well, I thought I would pass on some details Dale hadn't mentioned yet. For one, this cannot be shipped to the U.S. However, a few pleading e-mails might help... Also of note, not only do they have clear, but they also have a translucent pink and purple, probably similar in color to the replacement parts we saw at the iPAQ parts store just a day or two ago. More info, you ask? The device can be ordered in two ways: with or without manual."

Old 07-22-2002, 03:57 PM
denivan
Theorist

Looks cool, and I want this, but it seems to much a hassle to get this thing shipped to europe.

Old 07-22-2002, 06:30 PM
dcharles18
Thinker
Send a message via AIM to dcharles18 Send a message via MSN to dcharles18 Send a message via Yahoo to dcharles18

How much :?:

Old 07-22-2002, 07:46 PM
kagayaki1
Thinker

About 4000 yen w/manual, 3000 w/o. To keep things fairly international here, I'll just post a link to a currency converter so you can figure it out at the latest rates for your country. For Americans, not too bad in price, despite the stock market today .

http://www.xe.net/ucc/

Old 07-22-2002, 09:28 PM
Sanjay Srikonda
Intellectual
Send a message via AIM to Sanjay Srikonda Send a message via MSN to Sanjay Srikonda Send a message via Yahoo to Sanjay Srikonda
Default So.. I'm assuming no one has seen the DataNation Clear Case?

http://www.data-nation.com/clrcase.htm

They offer the clear clase for about $19.95, with the ultra-clip add $10.

i don't work for the company but I came across these cases while surfing this weekend.

Old 07-23-2002, 12:28 AM
van_mierlo
Ponderer
Default Re: So.. I'm assuming no one has seen the DataNation Clear C

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjsrik

i don't work for the company but I came across these cases while surfing this weekend.
what you are showing us is a case.....The backbone is a replacement case for your cf-sleeve

Old 07-23-2002, 03:34 AM
kagayaki1
Thinker
Default Re: So.. I'm assuming no one has seen the DataNation Clear C

Quote:
Originally Posted by van_mierlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjsrik

what you are showing us is a case.....The backbone is a replacement case for your cf-sleeve
Slight correction from that, too. It is not a replacement for the sleeve, persay, but rather a replacement for the black casing on the CF sleeve's parts. Details, details But, I think this is what you meant, Van.

Old 07-23-2002, 11:13 AM
Sanjay Srikonda
Intellectual
Send a message via AIM to Sanjay Srikonda Send a message via MSN to Sanjay Srikonda Send a message via Yahoo to Sanjay Srikonda
Default Hey... i found something that was useful

Maybe it's not exactly what the thread is talking about, but considering the dearth of options, and the fact that we can't really order from the HK site, unless that is you speak and read the language, at least this was a mfg who had something close to what this is.