Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > Thoughts Media Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-23-2006, 06:00 AM
Aaron Roma
Editor Emeritus
Default Are Wii Having Fun Yet?

Note:  You are seeing this post again because of a technical difficulty with the original thread which prevented people from responding! 

I had hoped to post about my hands on experience with the Zune this past weekend, but it didn't happen.... and here is why:

Yes, I was one of "those people"; the ones lounging out in a chair at Wal-Mart, patiently waiting to be among the first to get my hands on a Nintendo Wii. I didn't have it as bad as those waiting for the PS3, I only had a 10 hour wait in line. Why did I do this? I'm somewhat of a Nintendo fan boy. The Nintendo takes me back to my younger days of spending hour upon hour of playing Zelda on the original NES. There are some franchise games, namely Mario, Zelda, and Metroid, that I will always purchase the new Nintendo console for. When I first started reading about what eventually became the Wii, I was skeptical. Surely this new way of controlling games was nothing more than a gimmick. We had all seen the PowerGlove. So, after waiting most of a day standing in line, was it worth it? Two words: HELL YES! This system is awesome. The console itself is a perfect size: about as small as a gaming console can be. The game play on the Wii is MUCH better than I every expected. Zelda aside, I've already had hours of fun smacking a ball around in some heated games of tennis. Wii Bowling is addictively fun, with controls about as realistic as you can get, complete with twisting your wrist as you release the ball to add spin. Unfortunately I don't think the Nintendo will overpower the PS and Xbox powerhouses, but I think this is a great comeback for Nintendo! If you've been considering a Wii, I highly recommend it! Have