Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 05-01-2002, 06:13 PM
Ed Hansberry
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Default WisBar 1.1 is released

http://www.pelmarinc.com/pocketpc.htm

WisBar 1.1 is released in its final version and seems well suited for the Pocket PC 2002 UI.

It is available in ARM, MIPS and SH3 so all Pocket PC and Pocket PC 2002 users can give it a shot. Best of all it is free! Thanks to the author for picking up this project after the original author had to stop work on it for medical reasons. Thanks to Doug Neal for the heads up.

Old 05-01-2002, 06:38 PM
van_mierlo
Ponderer
Default It works great

The best thing is that there is a setting that the skin color automatic changes to your today theme....like wisbar with a transparant background

Old 05-01-2002, 06:48 PM
JonnoB
Mystic
Send a message via AIM to JonnoB Send a message via MSN to JonnoB Send a message via Yahoo to JonnoB
Default It works great

Quote:
Originally Posted by van_mierlo
The best thing is that there is a setting that the skin color automatic changes to your today theme....like wisbar with a transparant background
The worst thing however is that there is still no support for 2002 notifications... important. The author does mention however this is a high priority in the next version 1.2... I hope he does it.... and if he does, it will once again become one of my favorite add-ons.

Old 05-01-2002, 06:51 PM
Ed Hansberry
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Default It works great

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnoB
The worst thing however is that there is still no support for 2002 notifications... important. The author does mention however this is a high priority in the next version 1.2... I hope he does it.... and if he does, it will once again become one of my favorite add-ons.
Ahhh... I didn't realize that. :-( I will hold off installing it until 1.2 comes out.

Old 05-01-2002, 07:45 PM
Boxster S
Intellectual

Now I can finally ditch PocketNAV. WOOHOO!! This also works faster than PocketNAV as well

Old 05-01-2002, 09:35 PM
charlie
Pupil

what does wisbar do? I couldn't find any real description on the website.

Old 05-01-2002, 09:46 PM
entropy1980
Oracle

It's an un-obtrusive task manager that resides in the top bar hence the name "wisbar"

Old 05-01-2002, 10:56 PM
helios
Pupil
Default IcBar

There is another wisbar variant out there also based on the wisbar source code called icbar.

http://www.ictinus.com/icbar

icbar is my preference over the pelmar, but try both to see which one you prefer.

Old 05-02-2002, 12:29 AM
RickP in AZ
Intellectual
Send a message via Yahoo to RickP in AZ

Although this rewrite of WISBar is an answer to my early prayers after switching to PPC2k2 I'm still sticking with PocketNav 2.70 w/ the 2002 interface option. PN is the only task switcher/killer I've found that makes killing ActiveSync easy; drop the PN menu and tap the blue "x." Even iTask says it's unclose-able.

I've been in a real minimalist mode lately and don't want to mess with skins. For me it's PocketNav or when I'm really trying to be a purist: iTask with ZapIt.

But then again who cares...
RickP in AZ

Old 05-02-2002, 12:44 AM
Jeff Kirvin
Intellectual

It's very easy to kill ActiveSync with WisBar 1.1. I do it all the time to conserve memory on my 32MB Jornada 565.