Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 04-22-2002, 09:52 AM
marlof
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Default PocketMac Pro in beta

http://www.pocketmac.net/pocketmac_pro.htm

The people at PocketMac are closing in on their target: a full Pocket PC/Mac sync tool. They now have release a Beta of PocketMac pro, the version that not only lets you install programs, and sync files, but also syncs to your Mac based PIM.

"The BETA program is available to users of PocketMac Regular Edition who would like to try it while we're working on it. The final RELEASE of PocketMac Pro will be available for a $15 upgrade from the Regular Edition, regardless of whether you'd prefer to try the BETA now or wait for the RELEASE. If you would like to try the BETA now, please purchase the Regular Edition, and then download this form, complete it and fax it back to us. Please note: The BETA only synchronizes contacts at this point; calendar and tasks will arrive shortly."

Old 04-22-2002, 03:50 PM
Daniel
Thinker
Send a message via ICQ to Daniel Send a message via MSN to Daniel

Please don't think I'm being rude or anything, but can anyone confirm that they have used PocketMac successfuly?

I'm curious because I'll be buying a Mac pretty soon and want to make sure there aren't any gotchas with this software that seems to be the only alternative.

Thanks,
Daniel

Old 04-22-2002, 10:37 PM
ScotAG
Neophyte
Send a message via ICQ to ScotAG Send a message via AIM to ScotAG Send a message via MSN to ScotAG

It's consistently NOT worked for me every time.

- ScottAG

Old 04-23-2002, 01:03 PM
XmanHP548
Pupil
Default I use it with my PowerMac G4 466mhz (OS X) and my HP548...

And it has worked for me pretty well! Flawless exhange of files from the Compact Flash card and sucessful synch of files that reside on the Jornada.

I am waiting to try the Professional version until it goes final though. Don't want to put any Beta stuff on my machine!

Congrats on getting a Mac - I switched from a Pentium III Windows ME Dell and I have never looked back! :wink:

Old 04-24-2002, 03:40 AM
Daniel
Thinker
Send a message via ICQ to Daniel Send a message via MSN to Daniel

Macs rock, and I love OS X, but I haven't got it yet!

ScottAG: What config do you have? OS/PPC?
XManHP548: Obviously you have a Jornada, but what ver of Mac OS are you running it under?

Daniel

Old 04-25-2002, 07:04 PM
XmanHP548
Pupil
Default Lessee here...

Running Pocketmac Regular Edition under OS X.1.3 and just updated to OS X.1.4 with no problems.

Hopefully they will release Pocketmac Professional Edition to work with the Jornada 548. (The beta DOESN'T.) I really want to synch up with Entourage X and have all my contact info and especially calendar dates loaded into that.

Old 05-29-2002, 04:08 AM
vhtt
Neophyte
Send a message via ICQ to vhtt
Default Will they really be able to sync with the Jornada 568?

Will PocketMac Pro really be able to sync the Jornada 568?

Last I heard, the Pocket Mac people were waiting on the Jornada engineers to supply some of the needed specs. Now that the Jornada 568 has been dropped, will the Pocketmac still be able to support this?

I'm currently wondering if I should sell my Jornada because synchronisation with my Powerbook is very important.

If anyone knows anything about this, please fill me in. Thanks!