Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Customizations & Content

Old 02-20-2002, 12:30 AM
Ed Hansberry
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Default How To Do Everything With Your Pocket PC, 2nd Edition

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0072194146/jasonsego/

Whether you have had your Pocket PC for quite some time or are just getting started with Pocket PC's, Frank McPherson's book probably has what you need. I may get it myself just for yet another refresher in how Connection Manager works! ;-) This is a follow up to his earlier book "How to Do Everything with Your Pocket PC and Handheld PC" but with less HPC and more Pocket PC 2002. Just click on the affiliate link and pick one up!

"Make the most of your pocket PC with this hands-on easy-to-use resource. Find out how to synch your pocket PC with your desktop computer, browse the Web, send instant messages, play games, and much more. "

Old 02-20-2002, 01:01 AM
Daniel
Thinker
Send a message via ICQ to Daniel Send a message via MSN to Daniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Hansberry
I may get it myself just for yet another refresher in how Connection Manager works! ;-)
Shouldn't there be an entire book on that?

daniel

Old 02-20-2002, 01:13 AM
JonnoB
Mystic
Send a message via AIM to JonnoB Send a message via MSN to JonnoB Send a message via Yahoo to JonnoB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel

Shouldn't there be an entire book on that?
Yes, the Connection Mangler does deserve some attention. I have a home network, an office network. VPN required for access to work systems from home, no VPN required for dial-in. Have wired LAN, WiFi, dial-up access... and I still have to manually adjust everything each time.

Old 02-20-2002, 02:42 AM
kagayaki1
Thinker
Default Great book!

I've read snipits of the first edition of this book, and it really is a tribute to detailed writing. Perhaps not the most...captivating...but nonetheless, well done. I agree with Ed; if you're new, pick one up!

Old 02-20-2002, 02:56 AM
spg
Sage
Default Great book!

I have not read the book, but from what I have heard it is a great resource! Glad to hear of a second edition with more focus on PPCs. Thanks for the tip Ed. 8)

Old 02-20-2002, 03:52 AM
Daniel
Thinker
Send a message via ICQ to Daniel Send a message via MSN to Daniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnoB
Yes, the Connection Mangler does deserve some attention. I have a home network, an office network. VPN required for access to work systems from home, no VPN required for dial-in. Have wired LAN, WiFi, dial-up access... and I still have to manually adjust everything each time.
My networking requirements are a whole lot simpler than that and I still need to play around with Connection Manager to get it to do what is expected.

Hopefully there will be a new tool in PPC.net that is a little more up to the task.

daniel

Old 02-20-2002, 04:54 AM
fmcpherson
Intellectual

Thank you everyone for the kind words. I have tried my best to provide a book that is useful to both beginners and long time Pocket PC users. I look forward to reading what people have to say about the book as I know there is always room for improvement.

Frank McPherson