Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 02-11-2002, 12:13 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default PDA Pivot

http://www.pocketpcfanatic.com/detail.asp?REFERER=84348&PRODUCT_ID=PDA-PIVOT

This product was described to me as "the most useful accessory I'd ever own". Looking at this web page describing it, they've certainly done a lot of brainstorming in how it can be used. Anyone have one of these?

(is it me, or does that look like Al Pacino in Donnie Brasco?)

"The Pivot�s unique rotational adjustment system allows the Pivot to grasp your hand so that you can hold it securely with the most relaxed hand position. With the Secure GripTM you can even use both your hands to do things without losing your grip on your PDA or Pocket PC. Every PDA user knows the frustration of working �flat� on the desk. With its unique adjustable hinge, Pivot changes your daily interaction with your handheld device by allowing it to stay where you put it in an unlimited number of �stand up or lay down� positions from which to view the screen."

The PDA Pivot can be purchased for $16.95 (affiliate link above).

Old 02-11-2002, 12:28 AM
James
Intellectual

sure doesn't look like anything I'd want to use

Old 02-11-2002, 12:45 AM
Venturello
Intellectual
Default Funny

You have to admit it is amazing how many uses for the device they did come up. Its funny how they follow every name of the device with a tm mark. Are they are trademarked or just to give the decive a serious look? I have never seen such a simple thing with so many names!!

For a change, this is a cheap PDA accesory. And I do find it useful, more so for someone who uses his PDA a lot during his working day. They got some points there, and some practical applications, its just that they are exagerating quite a bit. Such as the Mobile MarketingTM one.

This thing could be a great car dash adapter for some cars. Most of the applications I could see some use (or quite good use) for it and I wish someone buys this thing and gives this entrepreneurs a little help. It -seems- they have done a nice job with this simple accesory.

I just hate the velcro solution but guess the is no other one for a product to be compatible with all PDAs and easy to built. I dont like sticking things to the back of my iPaq...

Old 02-11-2002, 03:10 AM
Latch
Pupil

IANAL-- but...
I believe you can™ put a "TM"™ after just about anything™ I don't think until you actually register a trademark� that monetary damages can come into play™ By using the ™ you are staking a claim to that phrase.

I think the larger issue with that webpage was the constant use of underlines on non-hyperlinked text.

-Latch™

Old 02-12-2002, 11:07 PM
Gen-M
Intellectual
Default Landscape mode seems to be best app

Dale Coffing http://www.pocketpcpassion.com uses his to hold his PDA in Landscape orientation with a Think-Outside/Targus Keyboard and adapter cable.[/url]

Old 02-13-2002, 07:46 AM
Kre
Intellectual

I dont care for it either.