Digital Home Thoughts

Digital Home Thoughts - News & Reviews for the Digital Home

Register in our forums so you're ready for our next giveaway contest...

Zune Thoughts

Loading feed...

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > DIGITAL HOME THOUGHTS > Digital Home Events

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-11-2007, 04:09 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default 9 in 1 Mac Application Bundle

http://www.mupromo.com/

Every now and then I get a twinge of Mac envy, and this is one of those days: if you're a Mac user, there's a great deal on a bundle of software applications that looks quite useful (and there are a couple of digital media tools among them, hence this post). For $49 USD, you get a bundle of nine applications: ForkLift, RapidWeaver, Swift Publisher, Marine Aquarium, Xslimmer, MemoryMiner, Yep, XMIND 2008 Pro, and iStabilize. You can check out descriptions of each individual app at MacUpdate (a sort of software Woot site).

Here's the cool part: if they sell 5000 of these bundles within the next 14 hours (they're at 4300 right now), they'll add a tenth application into the mix: Pulpmotion.

"PulpMotion lets you create animations from your own pictures, videos and music. You simply drag and drop them into a visual theme, add music and export them. You can then send video postcards to friends by email, or podcast your video animation using GarageBand, copy your animation to your iPod or even upload it to your web page using Forklift or RapidWeaver (both of which are included in the MacUpdate bundle). You can even export your animations for further editing in iMovie or Final Cut."

Pulpmotion looks like such a wonderful creative tool - in fact, so much of the Mac software I see is amazingly creative, I sometimes wonder if all the creative software developers are on Macs and that's why I don't see cool software like this on Windows. ;-) I look at the explosion of creative shareware and freeware applications on the Mac and it harkens back to the late '90s on the Windows platform, where creatively flourished. Now? It seems like there's a lot less creativity on the platform...