Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > Thoughts Media Status Updates

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-01-2004, 04:30 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default So, Why The Wait You Might Ask?

http://www.digitalmediathoughts.com/forums/profile.php?mode=register

So, what took us a month to launch fully? We did what's called a "soft launch" on February 1st - we quietly opened the doors to let people post and talk, but we didn't kick it into high gear until today. The plan was to "hard launch" (i.e.: announce it everywhere) Why? The big wait was so that we could prepare several reviews, and collect prizes - that's right, prizes for YOU dear reader. ;-)

We've partnered with some of the best companies out there in the world of digital media, including Ulead, Adobe, Microsoft, Shuttle, ADS Technologies, Verbatim, Picasa, muvee, ACD Systems, NTI, Pinnacle Systems, Griffin Technology, 55ware, and many more. So far, we have over $8500 USD in prizes, but you know what? It's not enough! I want the prize bucket to get even bigger, the prizes even more impressive, before we start the contest. How can you make sure you're entered in this contest you might ask? It's simple - just be a registered member of our forums. When the time comes (probably two weeks from now), we'll be picking names from people who have registered in our forums. So register today!

In the meantime, we're going to focus on bringing you the best in digital media news, views, rants and raves. We've got two great reviews coming up right after this, and lots of news up on deck. I've picked a great team to work with, a helpful community has started to form, and we're dropping the hammer: Digital Media Thoughts is here!