¹ zBooks Anyone? - Thoughts Media Forums Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune Talk

Old 12-21-2007, 02:00 PM
David Tucker
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Send a message via ICQ to David Tucker Send a message via AIM to David Tucker Send a message via MSN to David Tucker Send a message via Yahoo to David Tucker
Default zBooks Anyone?

http://vasudevg.blogspot.com/2007/12/read-e-books-on-your-zune.html

"Recently with so much talk of Kindle, I was thinking of how to read e-books or other documents such as PDF on my Zune. Then I came across a very handy application eBook to Images from Merlin Software. After you open any ebook in this program, it converts them into portable friendly images."

The meraTechPort blog has come up with an interesting way to read eBooks. With Merlin Software's 'ebook to images', you can convert your PDF into a series of images for reading on the go.  If you really want.  Personally I think this fits into the W?BIC category but if you really want to read books on your Zune, now you have a way!

Old 12-26-2007, 07:36 PM
BugDude10
Theorist

One of the things I look for anymore in new gadgets is the ability to use it for more than one purpose, particularly when traveling (although I don't get to travel too often). Obviously, the Zune is a music and video player, but if I could browse a book when I need a break from video (but need to do something more than just listening to music), then that would be great.

Also, I think Microsoft should figure out a way to export your Outlook calendar and contacts for viewing (although not necessarily for editing) on the Zune -- for those occasions when you might want to look up an address or number, or check to see if you're available on a future date.

The last big trip I took, my Pocket PC was my main device: I had tunes and video, I had all my travel information, I had games, I had books. I took other toys with me (my iRiver player for more tunes, my PSP for bigger video and better gaming), but when I was waiting in the airport and flying through the skies, my Pocket PC did it all for me. Perhaps the Zune could take a step in that direction?

Just my $0.02.

Old 12-27-2007, 02:23 AM
vzuner
Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugDude10 View Post
Also, I think Microsoft should figure out a way to export your Outlook calendar and contacts for viewing (although not necessarily for editing) on the Zune -- for those occasions when you might want to look up an address or number, or check to see if you're available on a future date..........
Yes, I agree. That will be very useful. They could have added a clock also, may be battery is the constraint.

Old 12-27-2007, 03:22 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugDude10 View Post
Also, I think Microsoft should figure out a way to export your Outlook calendar and contacts for viewing (although not necessarily for editing) on the Zune
Yeah, I'd like to see similar functionality myself - but I doubt we'll see it anytime soon. The Zune team is focused on making the Zune a great media playback device first and foremost, and they still have a lot of work to do there, so I have a strong feeling we won't be seeing any other features added until they feel they've nailed that scenario. At least, that's what they keep telling me when I ask for a clock or something non-music related.