¹ Another Rumour Canned: There Is No Blue Zune - Thoughts Media Forums Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune Talk

Old 09-14-2007, 12:08 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Another Rumour Canned: There Is No Blue Zune

Not that this is anything to be proud about given how flimsy the information was, but I called it: there is no blue Zune, it was just badly coloured advertisement. It truly amazes me how the weakest rumours get picked up by dozens of sites (including this one) and get front-page exposure on one of the biggest tech sites out there. Then a few days later the truth comes out:

"I'm sorry, but pictured Zune Mp3 player -blue is incorrectly marked. It was suppose to be a black one next to the red Zune. The only other colors the Zune Mp3 player comes in is: black , red, brown, pink, and white. Target doesn't sell a blue one."

Should I have even posted this "news" in the first place? Probably not. Since this is the first Thoughts Media site about a specific product, I have to admit I'm more liberal with the type of news I post. What kind of a news site do you want Zune Thoughts to be? Do you want every rumour posted, no matter how crazy? Or do you want me to filter out what I consider to be junk and focus in on only the good stuff, even if it means less new gets posted?

Old 09-14-2007, 02:47 AM
StellarStaticHawk
Pupil

hmm...That would've been a neat color to have.

Old 09-14-2007, 02:56 AM
Alber1690
Intellectual
Send a message via MSN to Alber1690

Nothing wrong with rumors as long as the doubt is presented and explained. Keep 'em coming...

Old 09-14-2007, 04:33 AM
Adam Krebs
Contributing Editor

I think one of my favorite things about ZuneThoughts is that it doesn't try to be your one-stop destination for All Things Zune. The stuff here is more reflective and--dare I say--thoughtful about the Zune news, posting more analysis than scoops. I go to the other sites to watch them scramble to be the first to pick up the latest scrap of information, only to have the article littered with EDIT notes later when the information is found to be false or slightly wrong. I come here to see the thinking behind the decision, and the thoughtful reactions (along with the Marketplace freebies--though Cesar should probably be covering that).

Old 09-14-2007, 05:03 AM
David Tucker
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Send a message via ICQ to David Tucker Send a message via AIM to David Tucker Send a message via MSN to David Tucker Send a message via Yahoo to David Tucker

Someone coming to watch me think. Now that's scary...

Old 09-14-2007, 05:30 AM
bleeman
Intellectual

I like the way you guys handle things now. You're generally my "one-stop-shop" for all things Zune. I check out the other sites when I have some extra time, but prefer the writing style and people here so keep up the good work and stick with what you do best!

Old 09-14-2007, 07:19 PM
mgullotta
Neophyte
Default You are doing a great Job!

I think you are doing a great job of reporting.
Besides, that story was run EVERYWHERE, which made it totally appropriate to report on it.

By the way, there is a general problem that there is so little news to report on in the first place, that minor stories like this go straight to the top.