Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone News

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-06-2007, 03:00 PM
Pete Paxton
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Default Viigo Newsreader for Windows Mobile Standard

http://www.virtualreach.com/download_wm.html

"What is Viigo? Its a way of accessing content services on your mobile device like you've never before experienced. Using Viigo, you have instant access to Breaking News, Sports, Entertainment, Weather, Markets, Blogs, or any RSS Feed you want, at the touch of a button on your Windows Mobile Smartphone device. Always live, always on, always available."

I tried Viigo tonight and so far the pros outweigh the cons. First of all it's free and that includes free from ads as well. I like that. I also like the interface, it's nice to look at. Another plus is that is has auto updates that update in as little as one hour increments. Very cool for a free program. I do wish it had more channels programmed initially. I spent some time adding in my newsfeeds. They have a weather feed but I wish it could give me the current temp and perhaps a three day forecast from the first page I click on instead of having to go from one page to another. Overall I think it's a free winner. A slight warning: while this has been out for the Blackberry for a while, it is in beta for Windows Mobile but so far I haven't encoutered any bugs. I was using the free version of NewsCopier but since they charge now, this may be my new RSS feeder. Do you use a newsfeeder? If so, which one and do you like it?