Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone News

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-30-2007, 04:30 PM
Mike Temporale
Editor Emeritus
Default Samsung Releases Windows Mobile 6 for i600 Smartphone

http://www.theunwired.net/?itemid=4017

"This is the most interesting news for Samsung SGH-i600 owners and something historic for Samsung Windows Mobile devices! The Korean mobile phone manufacture just released the long awaited (and never officially announced) Windows Mobile 6 Standard ROM upgrade for its bestselling Samsung SGH-i600 and it's available for free for European i600 owners! While it's actually available for certain countries only (Netherlands and Russia) other localized versions will follow soon (incl. France, Germany, Italy and the U.K.). Furthermore I got the word that all upcoming i600s will be sold with Windows Mobile 6 pre-installed!"

User submitted image

This is exciting news, but don't get too excited yet. It's only for the i600 sold in the Netherlands and Russia. It is not recommended that you install this on your Cingular BlackJack since there are significant hardware differences between these versions. On the plus side, this is exactly how we expected the update would be rolled out. Hopefully it won't be long until we see the i607 version released. If you have the i600 and your phone is in the above mentioned locations, you can download the ROM from here.