Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone News

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-17-2007, 03:00 PM
Pete Paxton
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Default Yahoo! Go 2.0 Beta Finally Ready for the Dash

http://mobile.yahoo.com/go

"Yahoo! Go is optimized for the �small screen� of a mobile phone, making it easy and fun to access the Internet. Everything about the Yahoo! Go interface is designed to be both visually stunning and give you what you want with the fewest clicks possible. At its core is the carousel, used to navigate intuitively among the various Yahoo! Go widgets: your own personal channels for email, local info & maps, news, sports, finance, entertainment, weather, Flickr� photos and search. Simply use the carousel to scroll over to the widget you want. Since Yahoo! Go uses advanced caching and background loading technology, your widget content is automatically and continuously �pushed� to your phone, so it�s always right there when you want it. You don�t need to endure lengthy downloads or navigate loads of links to get to what you want."

User submitted image

Yahoo Go was supposed to be ready for my Dash back in March, then April, then May and so on. Well here we are in July and it's finally ready. It may have been ready for the Blackjack and the Q earlier but I didn't notice. It's less than an 800K download and you can install it on your storage card. So how do I like Yahoo Go? Well, it has a cool interface. It's not the speediest program but has many features. It's a carousel based app that allows you to navigate to certain sections of Yahoo. You can check your calendar, email and address book. You can also look up news, weather, sports, finance, entertainment, and even your Flickr photos. I don't care for the map and directions section of Yahoo Go. With MS Live Search I can enter landmarks and get driving directions. I am yet to be able to do this with Yahoo Go. It's clearly a beta app so use at your own risk. I've already had to soft reset my Dash once because it froze. If you're interested you can download Yahoo Go for free by typing http://us.get.go.yahoo.com into your mobile phone's browser.