Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone News

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-06-2006, 09:58 PM
Rocco Augusto
Editor Emeritus
Default Microsoft Windows Live Mobile Beta and Windows Live Messenger Mobile Beta

http://www.theunwired.net/?itemid=3155

"Microsoft is currently working on Windows Live Messenger Mobile client for Windows Mobile devices and while everything was under NDA so far, Microsoft has allowed the current Beta users to publish more information and screenshots now. So what's the Windows Live Messenger Mobile is about? Well, basically it's the mobile device counterpart of Microsoft's new Windows Live Messenger for PCs which will replace the current Windows XP Messenger as well as the MSN Messenger clients to unify the messaging experience under one umbrella - Windows Live. The current version, which is available to a closed user group only, is an early Beta build and therefore far away from how it will works in the final version and since it is such an early Beta, it has some serious bugs."

User submitted image

I'm lucky enough to be one of the people testing this product and while I do see some potential for it in the future, at the moment it is just too buggy for me to use on a day to day basis. Reading through the beta site, I'm unsure what I can or cannot talk about at the moment so I'll only touch base on what Arne has touched base on. The RSS reader is pretty cool and I can see it replacing my current means of looking at news on a daily basis, everything else however is still pretty buggy.