Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > Thoughts Media Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-06-2006, 04:00 AM
Kris Kumar
Editor Emeritus
Default Cell, A Novel by Stephen King: There's a Reason Cell Rhymes with Hell

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/redirect?link_code=ur2&tag=smartphonetho-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&path=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2Fgp%2Fproduct%2F0743292332%2Fsr%3D1-1%2Fqid%3D1139160934%2Fref%3Dpd_bbs_1%3F%255Fencoding%3DUTF8\\

"On October 1, God is in His heaven, the stock market stands at 10,140, most of the planes are on time, and Clayton Riddell, an artist from Maine, is almost bouncing up Boylston Street in Boston. ... That changes in a hurry. The cause of the devastation is a phenomenon that will come to be known as The Pulse, and the delivery method is a cell phone. Everyone's cell phone. Clay and the few desperate survivors who join him suddenly find themselves in the pitch-black night of civilization's darkest age, surrounded by chaos, carnage, and a human horde that has been reduced to its basest nature...and then begins to evolve. ... There are one hundred and ninety-three million cell phones in the United States alone. Who doesn't have one? Stephen King's utterly gripping, gory, and fascinating novel doesn't just ask the question "Can you hear me now?" It answers it with a vengeance."

User submitted image

Stephen King's latest novel, Cell, may make you rethink about answering your cell phone. During my recent visit to the book store, I spotted this book; I am not a Stephen King fan and have not read any of his books, but the title definitely grabbed my attention. Is anyone over here a Stephen King fan? And how did you find this book? I didn't pick up the book and Robin Cook is my favourite science fiction author. ;-) [Affiliate]