¹ Couple of Questions from a SMT5600 Newb - Thoughts Media Forums

Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware > HTC Windows Phones

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-28-2005, 10:37 PM
ShadyMark
Neophyte
Default Couple of Questions from a SMT5600 Newb

Hey guys! Got the phone a week ago and my life will never be the same. It's amazing! I have just a few questions after browsing and searching your forums:

1. I cannot locate the driver that I need to make the phone a wireless USB modem. Well . . .to be more specific, I can't figure out how to install it. I have read through all of the tutorials that people have written online. I can't locate the file on the audiovox website, but I found it on this guy's (Jason Goold I think) site. However, all that downloaded is three small files that don't seem to do anything when I double click on them. I tried searching on the forum, but I can't find anything . . . any ideas?

2. I set up gmail in my phone to check my mail. But It doesn't seem to download my most recent mail. I followed the pop instructions on the gmail website . . . and it downloads a little over 400 emails . . . but they are old, from about June. Some of them are emails I sent to other people even . . . but nothing recent, and no new emails. Any ideas there too?

3. Are there any open source, or free programs for the 5600? Any websites devoted to software like sourceforge? I keep reading about all the useful programs . . . but no one mentions cost, so I was just wondering about open source resources.

This site is really great! I am sure I will have many more questions, and I am excited to learn enough to start contributing! Thanks so much for your help!