Loading feed...

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > Thoughts Media Off Topic

Old 08-15-2005, 08:00 PM
Mike Temporale
Editor Emeritus
Default T-Mobile Customers to Get First Taste of New Robbie Williams CD

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2005/08/14/nmob14.xml&sSheet=/news/2005/08/14/ixhome.html

"He has had 19 top 10 hits, but that is still not enough for Robbie Williams. The 31-year-old singer will make his mark again in October when the singles from his new album are made available to mobile telephone users two days before they go on sale on CD. Williams, his record company EMI and the mobile telephone operator T-Mobile have agreed an 18-month deal to give music fans exclusive access to songs on their telephones before they reach record shops. The release of Trippin', from the new album Intensive Care, is expected to be the first new single to reach fans via the mobile network."

I don't know about you guys, but I don't like the way this is going. The next time one of my favourite bands releases a new album I'll have to go sign up with a new mobile carrier, buy lunch at some junkie fast food place, or get an exclusive membership at some stuck up coffee house, just to get my hands on their music. :roll: