Digital Home Thoughts

Digital Home Thoughts - News & Reviews for the Digital Home

Register in our forums so you're ready for our next giveaway contest...

Zune Thoughts

Loading feed...

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > DIGITAL HOME THOUGHTS > Digital Home Hardware & Accessories

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-30-2012, 08:00 PM
Lee Yuan Sheng
Contributing Editor
Default Olympus OM-D E-M5 Reviewed by Digital Photography Review

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/olympusem5/

DPReview.com has a review of the latest Micro Four Thirds camera, the E-M5. I'll spoil it a little: It's the best rated one yet. I have spent some time with the E-M5 and I have been quite impressed with many aspects of it, though the up-close and personal experience with what Olympus fans call the "Olympus Colour" did not leave me quite as impressed. It consists mainly of a very aggressive tone curve that pulls the upper-midtones and overall increases contrast to deliver a very punchy yet natural look. I think I prefer to process my raw files and their colours myself, thank you. The rest of the camera, including its low-light high-ISO noise, its AF speed, the user interface, were really good. My only quibble was with the rear command wheel, which being placed closer to the viewfinder meant I had to stretch my right thumb more than normal compared to the Lumix Micro Four Thirds cameras or Nikon DSLRs. Overall, a great performance. Now Panasonic, where is that GH3?