Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone News

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-26-2005, 02:15 PM
Mike Temporale
Editor Emeritus
Default Motorola To Release New Windows Mobile Smartphone Mid Year

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20050126A6028.html

"Motorola is looking to introduce eight to ten smartphones, accounting for about 25-30% of the vendor�s total handset models to be launched worldwide this year, according to Motorola Taiwan. Of the smartphone models, Linux-based devices are expected to perform well for the vendor in the smartphone market, said the division. Buoyed by good sales of the E680, A768i and A780 models, Motorola�s smartphone sales currently exceed 10% of its total sales in China, Motorola Taiwan cited. ...In addition, Motorola�s new Microsoft Windows-based smartphone, which is produced in-house, will be introduced to the market in the second half of this year, Motorola Taiwan noted."

User submitted image

Is this a new Windows Mobile Smartphone? If it is, I am very surprised that we have not heard or seen anything about it. The MPx220 was leaked all over the internet for 8 months prior to it's release. Or Perhaps they are referring to the MPx Pocket PC Phone Edition?