Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > Thoughts Media Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-21-2004, 06:10 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Swatch Enters the SPOT Watch Race

http://www.spotstop.com/default.asp?newsID=85

"Swatch has announced Paparazzi, a new MSN Direct watch that comes in four different colors. If you want a watch with personality, you're getting it with Swatch. The colors are extremely vivid and the price is right, MSRP is $150. Swatch is also debuting special content called "Swatch City" which will include local entertainment information. The Paparazzi will come in four color combinations: red with black accents, black with silver, orange with blue and blue with beige. We have a full image gallery below, each including a unique watch face. The bands are silicon, but he faces don't look large enough to house the antenna. It's likely the Paparazzi shares the same antenna deisgn as the Tissot (Swatch is the parent company of Tissot). The watches are also said to be waterproof, which the competing models at this price point are not. Another key point is that Swatch includes a two-year warranty, tied for tops in the MSN Direct category."

User submitted image

If you're a SPOT watch fan, the news that legendary watch maker Swatch is entering the market will come as great news. SPOT Stop has an article about this news, and a review of the Suunto n3i. There were some things I liked about my SPOT watch, but ultimately it didn't do enough for me to warrant continued use. I still think SPOT technology would be awesome in a Pocket PC or Smartphone...