Apple Thoughts

Apple Thoughts - News & Reviews on all things Apple

Be sure to register in our forums and post your comments - we want to hear from you!

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > APPLE THOUGHTS > Apple iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad

Old 01-28-2012, 11:00 AM
Jeff Campbell
Executive Editor, Apple Thoughts
Default Flygrip Will Ease Your One Handed Fears

http://www.ubergizmo.com/2012/01/fl...e-handed-usage/

"So you're walking with your iPhone in one hand, and a Starbucks latte in the other, and granted it is possible to use the iPhone in one hand, it could prove to be "fatal" since one hand tends to offer less support compared to two, and we all know that heart wrenching feeling when your brand new gadget slips out of your hand and onto the hard pavement."

Basically very simple, as all this does is attach to the iPhone case or the iPhone itself and you slide your fingers in and can start using your iPhone one handed without fear of dropping it. I can also be attached to the back of your iPad, or any other tablet for that matter. As you can see from the photos, it doesn't have to be an Apple product to work. Three sizes (small, medium and large) depending on the finger size and you can get them for $29.95 USD each from the Flygrip store located here. That seems a bit spendy to me, and I think I would rather just spend that on a better case. What are your thoughts? 

Old 01-28-2012, 06:37 PM
Fellwalker
Pupil
Default Expensive

Why not take a FREE clip from a clothes hanger and use a sticky fixxer pad to affix it to the back of the phone?
(the ones that I have are from my wife's trousers, as they have two clips that slide side to side on the rail. Break the rail, slide the clips off, and there you have it. They are also good for sealing plastic bags for the freezer or store cupboard.)
HTC HD2.Finally ditched HP hx4700 and miss its excellent screen, which was the proper shape, and its accuracy with a stylus.Sad Psion never developed its 5 series.Fed up that TomTom don't support HD2.

Last edited by Fellwalker; 01-28-2012 at 06:37 PM.. Reason: bad spollinge

Old 02-03-2012, 04:39 PM
asims
Intellectual

I just went to Flygrip's website to view more pics of it and it looks like you're paying for more than just the clip. Down in the lower right of the list of clips, it has "Complimentary cases w/purchase of Flygrip." With the price for the clip being what it is, I don't see the case as being 'complimentary.'
I think the concept is nice, but I don't see it as being very practical except for use as a stand (as one picture shows). I just held my iPhone 3G and noticed that my little finger is across the bottom of the phone and my other three fingers are spread pretty evenly across the back. Having a non-slip case on it, it seems quite stable that way. And with my finger(s) not 'clipped' to the phone, I feel I have a little more maneuverability too. I can set it down, put it in my pocket, or hand it to a friend without having to first detach it from my hand.
One more thing, it adds more thickness to the iPhone or iPad than a non-slip case would.
But the colors are nice!