Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware > Nokia Windows Phones

Old 11-24-2011, 03:00 PM
Darren Blade
Contributing Editor-in-Training
Send a message via Skype™ to Darren Blade
Default Nokia Lumia 710 Windows Phone 7 Hands on Video

http://www.netbooknews.com/40012/no...hands-on-video/

"The Nokia Lumia 710 (formerly known as the Sabre) is smaller and the chunkier compared to the Lumia 800, but that doesn’t mean it’s a slouch when it comes to hardware. It packs the same 1.4GHz as seen in the Lumia 800, and pairs it with a 3.7-inch WVGA screen, and a 5-megapixel rear camera. It also bears the distinction of being the only Windows Phone with physical navigation keys, which is sure to please fans of tactile feedback."

Thanks to Sasha Pallenberg from netbooknews.com for sitting thru a really long Nokia Press event in Taiwan, as he got his hands on the Nokia Lumia 710 and quickly size compares it with an HTC Mozart and a Samsung Galaxy S II. I noticed in the video that the 710 seems a smidgen (!) bigger than the Mozart.

The physical navigation keys (all three screen side), could alleviate those accidental key hits. Have you ever accidentally hit the Back or Search capacitive buttons on your WP7 Smartphone? Other phones have relied on all capacitive Navigation Buttons, with Hap-Tic feedback provided care of the inbuilt Vibration motor. Which would you prefer?

Old 11-24-2011, 05:48 PM
tal
Pupil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Blade View Post
"It also bears the distinction of being the only Windows Phone with physical navigation keys, which is sure to please fans of tactile feedback."... Which would you prefer?
It probably should read the only Nokia phone with physical Buttons. The LG phones also have physical buttons.

Infact one main reason for me to go with the LG E900 (also named LG Optimus 7) for me was the physical buttons and I'm still very happy with that decision. unintended button-presses hare hardly an issue with those buttons.

Infact I think that the LG E900 is still the best choice when locking for a budget WP7 phone. It has 16GB of (fast) storage, very solid build quality and a big battery. Granted it is first-gen hardware, but therefore you can get it really cheap in Europe.

Old 11-25-2011, 02:27 AM
Lee Yuan Sheng
Contributing Editor

Sidetrack: I really like the LG. As stated, it has 16GB of fast storage, and it possibly packs a Wolfson audio system. The buttons are really nice to press too.