Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Thoughts Site Updates

Old 06-30-2003, 04:30 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Welcome to Smartphone Thoughts!

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Smartphone Thoughts! It brings me great pleasure to launch this new site dedicated to the Microsoft Windows Mobile Smartphone platform. I'm tremendously excited about the future of the Smartphone platform - I've been using one for the past couple of months, and while there are some rough edges, on the whole I'm in love with the platform. The first day I started using my Orange SPV on the Fido GPRS network, I configured it to check my email account, and it instantly became more useful to me than any other cell phone before it (even my T68 with Bluetooth). I remember having a similar experience with my Pocket PC - there's such rich functionality that you can't help but want to use it more than any other device in its class. And I have a secret to share with you - sometimes I leave my house without my Pocket PC, but I never go anywhere without my Smartphone. Shh! Don't tell anyone at Pocket PC Thoughts! :wink: Our focus here are Smartphone Thoughts is to make this site the most useful site possible for you as a Smartphone owner. We'll post daily bits of news gathered from around the Web, link to the best articles and reviews we find on other sites, and write our own reviews and columns. We've put together a team of opinionated editors, so expect to see a few rants and raves popping up - we're not afraid to share our opinions here at Smartphone Thoughts, and while we have sponsors and bills like most sites, they don't influence our editorial freedom. We'll tell you exactly what we think, every time.The Microsoft Smartphone is a "young" device - if you currently own a Smartphone, it's likely a first generation device like an Orange SPV or maybe the Red E from the developer's kit. We at Smartphone Thoughts believe in the long-term success of the Microsoft Smartphone platform. Microsoft does not enter a market unless it has the patience and persistence to dominate, and we believe that the Smartphone will evolve into the premier information-rich mobile device on the market. Yeah, we know we have basically zero percent market share right now - there's nowhere to go but up! If you've visited Pocket PC Thoughts before, you'll be familiar with how things work here. Smartphone Thoughts (sometimes referred to as SPT) is part of the Thoughts Media Network, and a sister site to Pocket PC Thoughts. Both run atop the Thoughts Media Engine, and will have identical functionality. Over time, we'll be launching new Thoughts Media sites, and a powerful synergy will develop between them.We're just getting started, so stick around - if you're a Smartphone owner, this is the place to be!Jason DunnExecutive EditorSmartphone ThoughtsPS - We're still working out a few kinks in our new system, so be patient. If you're reading this on June 30th, you've caught our "soft launch". We wanted to go live to see how things work, but we don't kick it into high gear until next week. In the meantime, feel free to post in the forums and explore the site, and come back often.

Old 07-01-2003, 03:24 AM
HailStorm
Pupil
Send a message via MSN to HailStorm
Default Penny for my THOUGHTS?

Jason,

I have been randomly "hitting" smartphonethoughts.com for the last month or so. Imagine my surprise to suddenly break forth into this visual bonanza that is Smartphone Thoughts!

I am really impressed with the design and features! I look forward to seeing SPT community grow as we get some really big hardware launches soon!

I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for the Verizon Wireless i600. ;-) Hope I don't fall off waiting for it!!

Kudos on the new site and your Thoughts Network! Keep up the great work everyone involved!!

Paul Britton
Los Angeles, CA
-Future Smartphone User

Old 07-01-2003, 04:56 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Re: Penny for my THOUGHTS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailStorm
I have been randomly "hitting" smartphonethoughts.com for the last month or so. Imagine my surprise to suddenly break forth into this visual bonanza that is Smartphone Thoughts!
Welcome Paul! Somehow I'm not surprised that you're our very first registered user! It will be several days until we start the flow of news & views (still quite a bit of behind the scenes magic to be wrought), but I'm thrilled to be able to see this site live after months of hard work. Regarding the look, you can thank me for the colour scheme, and the amazing Fabrizio for the killer design and layout.

Don't post anything about this to other sites though - I want everything to be in place for our "hard launch" when we announce the site. :rock on dude!:

Old 07-01-2003, 06:09 AM
HailStorm
Pupil
Send a message via MSN to HailStorm

Quote:
Don't post anything about this to other sites though - I want everything to be in place for our "hard launch" when we announce the site.
You got it...tho as you can see -in my excited state- I notified our favourite San Franciscan via IM after I found out. lol

I am really really impressed. This is exactly what I have come to expect from your whole team! Just bullseye man. "Game over *man*, Game Over!"

hehe

Does this launch hint at "something wonderful" in the US market near-future? :P

I'm dyin I am I swear! hehe

Old 07-01-2003, 07:06 AM
ARW
Thinker

Very cool Jason!

I have to ditto much of what HailStorm has said. I'm awaiting a NA Smartphone as much if not more than when the original PPCs were announced. As a faithful reader of PPC Thoughts I'll now have two quality sites to hit on a regular basis.

Trying to be patient and hoping I won't be disappointed.

Al
Near Future SP User Hopefully

Old 07-01-2003, 11:27 AM
Paul [MVP]
Neophyte
Send a message via ICQ to Paul [MVP] Send a message via AIM to Paul [MVP]

Congratulations on the new site Jason

P

Old 07-01-2003, 03:36 PM
Robert Levy
Philosopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_[MVP
]Congratulations on the new site Jason
Congrats on finding it Paul 8)

Old 07-01-2003, 03:59 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailStorm
Does this launch hint at "something wonderful" in the US market near-future? :P
I wouldn't launch a site like this unless something good was coming this way.

Old 07-01-2003, 04:40 PM
Arne Hess
Thinker

Congrats Jason Fabrizio and Team!
#2 to go on the way of ThoughtsMedia...

Old 07-01-2003, 09:42 PM
Bojan Rip
Neophyte

Congratulations on the awsome looking site! Impressive!

Long live the Smartphone!
Bojan