Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware > HTC Windows Phones

Old 10-16-2011, 07:00 PM
Nurhisham Hussein
Contributing Editor
Default HTC Titan Reviewed

http://www.slashgear.com/htc-titan-...eview-12187565/

"Rarely does a gadget's name quite so well describe its nature, as is the case with the HTC Titan. A huge 4.7-inch display packed into a battleship-strong metal chassis, the TItan is an unapologetic slab of Windows Phone 7. Question is, can Mango provide sufficient sweetness to balance the Titan's brutal charms, or are HTC's big ambitions in for an equally big fall? Check out the full SlashGear review to find out." 

Slashgear delivers a review of HTC's flagship Titan - 4.7" screen, 1.5GHz processor and an 8MP camera to go along with the usual bevy of sensors. WP7.5 comes standard as does HTC Hub, so as its about as up to date as you might expect. The verdict: despite the size, it's easier to handle than you'd expect and hardware's rock solid.

Old 10-17-2011, 12:55 AM
virain
Philosopher
Send a message via MSN to virain

I believe imbeded video is not of HTC Titan, but Samsung Focus running Mango. But of course, I might be mistaken

Old 10-17-2011, 05:52 PM
Sven Johannsen
Editorial Contributor

No you are right. The embedded video is their Mango review, which is on a Focus. I was expecting a Titan video myself.

Old 10-20-2011, 12:07 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by virain View Post
I believe imbeded video is not of HTC Titan, but Samsung Focus running Mango. But of course, I might be mistaken
Yeah, they put the Mango video in their Titan review - there's no video review of the Titan, though there's a video test sample. I agree, it' pretty confusing. Maybe I'll swap in a static image.

Old 10-20-2011, 08:19 AM
Deslock
Thinker

Like the screen area. Don't like the weight or screen resolution.

Old 10-20-2011, 06:09 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deslock View Post
Like the screen area. Don't like the weight or screen resolution.
Working for HTC, I'm of course a bit biased, but I've been using a Titan for a few weeks now, and quite honestly I love it. There are some quirks here and there, but the screen size and screen quality is awesome. The contrast and image quality are stunning...it's one of the best LCD screens I've ever seen. There are some things I wish were a bit different due to the screen size, such as Windows Phone 7.5 allowing me to change the font size of the email application, but other than that, it's been a great experience.

Old 10-21-2011, 03:38 AM
Lee Yuan Sheng
Contributing Editor

MS needs to come up with a new spec for WP7 soon. Android is getting 1280x720 screens!

I've handled a Dell Streak and it wasn't too bad, and this looks more compact than it. Can't wait for the large screen phones to start hitting the market!