Digital Home Thoughts

Digital Home Thoughts - News & Reviews for the Digital Home

Register in our forums so you're ready for our next giveaway contest...

Zune Thoughts

Loading feed...

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > DIGITAL HOME THOUGHTS > Digital Home Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-11-2011, 09:47 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Digital Picture Frames: I'm Looking for Options

Hi everyone! I'm looking for opinions on digital picture frames - it seems like it's hard to find frames with decent sync technology built in, especially since FrameChannel went belly-up. I'm looking for a photo frame, probably in the 10 inch range, that I can push pictures to. Maybe that's via an RSS feed, maybe that's via email, or a Web service. The point is I need the ability to put pictures on the frame remotely without any local interaction. Yes, you guessed it, this is for both set of grandparents and I want to be able to add photos to the frame remotely so they'll just show up.

I've spent a few minutes researching potential photo frames, but what I've found has shocked me: it's a virtual wasteland of cancelled products and failed companies. Many of the picture frames I was familiar with a few years ago no longer exist. I'm looking for suggestions - though in searching for an image for this post, I came across the Kodak Pulse and it looks like it might do the trick. It can't pull down photos from RSS feeds, but I can email photos to a special email address and they'll appear on the frame - so that's the next best thing.

Any others I should be looking at?