Laptop Thoughts - News & Reviews on Laptops, Netbooks, Slates, and More

Be sure to register in our forums! Share your opinions, help others, and enter our contests.

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > LAPTOP THOUGHTS > Laptop Thoughts News

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-07-2011, 05:00 PM
Hooch Tan
Contributing Editor
Send a message via ICQ to Hooch Tan Send a message via MSN to Hooch Tan Send a message via Yahoo to Hooch Tan
Default AT&T Offers Tablet Goodness at Jetstream Speeds

http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?p...neral|community

"Exclusive to AT&T customers, HTC Jetstream is the company’s first 4G LTE/HSPA+ tablet.  It runs the Android™ 3.1 (Honeycomb) operating system and represents the first iteration of the HTC Sense™ user experience on Honeycomb.  HTC Jetstream boasts a large 10.1” WXGA high-resolution display for an immersive entertainment experience, third-generation Snapdragon 1.5 GHz dual core processor for fast multi-tasking and instant screen refresh."

In the US and Canada, vendor lock-in used to be quite common, and is still prevalent in many ways.  Do people remember when the iPhone was restricted to just AT&T?  Well, the HTC Jetstream is the latest in AT&T exclusives, though I suspect it will not have quite a draw as the coveted iPhone.  Still, showcasing an LTE network is pretty enough as it is.  I wonder if there is much use for it yet, through a tablet.  When I think tablet, the highspeed demands I think of are things like streaming videos or watching a large slideshow of pictures from my friend who recently went on vacation that he just had to share with me because it truly was a wonderful trip that everyone should know about.  Short of HD streams, which would blow one's wireless data cap in short order, what is the use again?