Digital Home Thoughts

Digital Home Thoughts - News & Reviews for the Digital Home

Register in our forums so you're ready for our next giveaway contest...

Zune Thoughts

Loading feed...

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > DIGITAL HOME THOUGHTS > Digital Home Hardware & Accessories

Old 07-07-2011, 10:00 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default RSI Help for Cheap? Microsoft Comfort Curve Keyboard 3000

http://lifehacker.com/5818254/micro...r-rsi-for-cheap

"Although I don't suffer from serious RSI, I've always favored ergonomic keyboards because they offer an easy way to force myself to keep my hands in the correct posture to avoid wrist pain. The problem though, is that most ergo keyboards are chunkier and taller, which is bad for people who like laptop-like low profile keyboards. Microsoft's Comfort Curve 3000 is a meshing of the two ideas.

Looking for an ergonomic keyboard that isn't very expensive? The Microsoft Comfort Curve Keyboard 3000 looks like a good option - though only if you like wired keyboards. I don't, so this is off my shopping list solely for that reason. This is tangential, but it amazes me that people still buy wired keyboards...a modern wireless keyboard will run for 4-6 months on a single set of batteries (maybe longer), and who likes having cords anyway?

Old 07-08-2011, 07:34 PM
ptyork
Sage

I'm a fan of ergo keyboards and actually really like the Microsoft Natural 4000. I've got one at home and one at work. The benefits of having the SAME keyboard at both places are pretty significant--probably more so than the keyboard itself--as I don't have to get readjusted to the "qwerks" of each keyboard type at different locations. I pick these up for around $20 USD when they go on sale. I don't know that this new one offers much over a smaller size, which doesn't do anything for me. In fact, the padded palm rests of the 4000 are a major plus in my book.

As for wired, well, that too bothers me not in the slightest. I don't much move my keyboard. The mouse is a much better experience when wireless, as the constant movement tends to make the wire a bit cumbersome. There, I love the Logitech mice with the free-scrolling wheels for zipping through long documents. Yeah, I have NO brand loyalty whatsoever.

Old 07-10-2011, 12:51 AM
crimsonsky
Thinker

While I do really like Microsoft's keyboards, since I'm a Mac user, I prefer using Apple's keyboards. I use the wired keyboard only because the wireless keyboard doesn't have a number pad (what's up with that anyway, Apple?). My mouse (well a Logitech M570 trackball) is wireless, though. If Apple would make a wireless keyboard with a number pad, I'd buy it in an instant.

Old 07-14-2011, 05:17 PM
firedog
Pupil
Default don't like wireless

Bought a fairly expensive Mircrosoft Wireless Ergonomic keyboard and mouse set.

In the end I ditched both for similar Microsoft wired. The wired units never have dropouts or misses. The wireless did. Lots of non-responsive key taps and mouse clicks/movements.

The USB wireless receiver also had a problem with low power states on my screen/computer. It would go into hibernation and not want to wake up.

This is all on Windows, BTW.