Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone News

Old 07-01-2011, 02:00 PM
Adan Galvan
Contributing Editor
Default HTC Eternity Leaked

http://www.slashgear.com/htc-eterni...phone-30162442/

Call me a pessimist, but the leaked HTC Eternity Windows Phone doesn't excite me very much. The specs sound fantastic: a 4.7-inch WVGA Super LCD touchscreen, 8 mega-pixel camera, 1.5GHz processor, 512MB Ram, and 16GB or internal storage. The problem is that these specs sound great for a phone that is out now! Besides the screen, all of the other specs are already available on Android devices, and this will only become more apparent as those devices continue to evolve. Secondly, does anyone actually need a 4.7-inch screen? If you compare the specs to the HD7 (already a large phone) you can see that body of the Eternity has gotten even larger. If this is the best WP7 enthusiasts have to choose from I still may get one come the fall, but my bet is that a Nokia built device will be in my pocket by late this year/early next. What kind of hardware do you want to see in your next Windows Phone?

Old 07-01-2011, 02:07 PM
liljohn
Pupil

I would like to see dual core and a forward facing camera, please!

Old 07-01-2011, 03:29 PM
Fritzly
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljohn View Post
Exactly! Plus no bigger than HD2/HD7 and at least 32GB of internal storage, although I would prefer removable one.

Old 07-01-2011, 03:31 PM
Adan Galvan
Contributing Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljohn View Post
I agree with the front-facing cam, but there doesn't seem to be a need for dual-core processors just yet. I'm running Mango and it seems to work really really well on a single core.

Bring on skype though....

Old 07-02-2011, 06:03 AM
Fritzly
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adan Galvan View Post
I agree with the front-facing cam, but there doesn't seem to be a need for dual-core processors just yet. I'm running Mango and it seems to work really really well on a single core.

Bring on skype though....
Well a 1.5 Ghz dual-core processor, with programs that fully take advantage of it of course, could llow longer battery life than a 1.5 Ghz single core one.

Old 07-03-2011, 03:56 AM
Lee Yuan Sheng
Contributing Editor

Few programs are going to take advantage of the dual core CPUs fully yet. This is rather like the transition on the desktop scene a few years back. Give it some time. Most importantly, Microsoft needs to code the OS to support it first!

Oh, and a 4.7" screen means it will be bigger than the HD2; the HD2 practically has no bezel as it is.