Apple Thoughts

Apple Thoughts - News & Reviews on all things Apple

Be sure to register in our forums and post your comments - we want to hear from you!

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > APPLE THOUGHTS > Apple Software (iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-30-2011, 11:00 PM
Jeff Campbell
Executive Editor, Apple Thoughts
Default How Many Apps Do You Actually Use?

http://www.cultofmac.com/ten-apps-i...w+(Cult+of+Mac)

"Here's a great post over at 37 Signals, posing the question: how many of the apps on your iPhone do you actually make frequent use of? David Heinemeier Hansson says that the only third party apps he actually uses on a regular basis are Echofon and Bloomberg."

For me, I have several on my iPhone that I use on a regular basis. Obviously the Apple ones for Messaging, eMail, Calendar, Phone and Camera are the major ones, but a couple more that I use regularly are Shazam, Starbucks Mobile Card, Chase, Wells Fargo, Pageonce and 1Password. After that, they pretty much decline in use and I have them stacked away in folders on back pages on my iPhone. I deleted most of the less used apps at one point, but every now and then I find some of them useful so folders was the way to go for me. On my home screen, I have the four major ones (Phone, Messages, Mail and Calendar) prominently displayed, and the other ones in three folders. So, what are your thoughts? What apps do you use on a regular basis? Do you go the clutter free road or do you stack em in folders on a back page in case you need them like I do?