Digital Home Thoughts

Digital Home Thoughts - News & Reviews for the Digital Home

Register in our forums so you're ready for our next giveaway contest...

Zune Thoughts

Loading feed...

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > DIGITAL HOME THOUGHTS > Digital Home Hardware & Accessories

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-30-2011, 12:17 PM
Lee Yuan Sheng
Contributing Editor
Default Olympus Announces PEN E-P3 Camera

http://www.dcresource.com/news/news...tem.php?id=4333

It is a big day for Olympus here, as they launch a total of THREE new Micro Four Thirds cameras. The first is the leading PEN camera, the E-P3. This is a bigger overhaul than the "upgrade" that the E-P2 was. There is a new 12 megapixel sensor (with the by-now usual Olympus sensor-shift stabilsation), an upgraded AF engine with 35 points that is touted to be even faster than the phase detect systems used in SLRs, a very nice 3 inch OLED touchscreen with 614k dots (I still am not certain of the resolution yet), 1080i60 movie mode with manual controls, a popup flash handy for daytime fill flash, and a removeable grip when you want the camera to look sleeker. DCResource.com has a review up, so go check it out. I think it is looking very promising, and might even be an upgrade for GF1 users or photographers looking for something like the GF1. Ships in August at US$899 for the camera and a kit lens, with a choice of either the 17/2.8 pancake or the 14-42/3.5-5.6 zoom.

More Coverage:

DPReview.com