Apple Thoughts

Apple Thoughts - News & Reviews on all things Apple

Be sure to register in our forums and post your comments - we want to hear from you!

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > APPLE THOUGHTS > Apple iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad

Old 06-22-2011, 09:00 AM
Jeff Campbell
Executive Editor, Apple Thoughts
Default Exomount, The Only Mount You Will Need

http://www.exogear.com/products-exo...unt-holder.html

"A simple car mount that won't fall mid-drive is all anyone really needs. Still, there's something to be said for one that can stick firmly to almost any surface."

ExoGear sells the mount for $29.95 USD, and it is pretty versatile as you can see from the photo above. Granted, all the photos show an iPhone 4 but if you visit their site you will see that it will work with any device up to a 5-inch screen (thinking tablet here). They even have it adapted to use as an iPad holder or stand by flipping the suction cup around. A one size fits all mount if you will and the price certainly is affordable.

Old 06-22-2011, 12:51 PM
martin_ayton
Thinker

Good grief! Is that a real typewriter in the top left image? I haven't seen one of those in years. Makes you wonder what the point is of mounting a smartphone / pad above a typewriter... is something from the screen being transcribed? Haven't they heard of printers?

Old 06-23-2011, 12:45 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_ayton View Post
Good grief! Is that a real typewriter in the top left image? I haven't seen one of those in years. Makes you wonder what the point is of mounting a smartphone / pad above a typewriter... is something from the screen being transcribed? Haven't they heard of printers?
I think it's an ironic item from the office of a cool hipster.

Old 06-24-2011, 05:31 PM
Sven Johannsen
Editorial Contributor

Looks cool, and I'll probably buy one just for the flixibility it offers....but, I have some real reservations on some of the surfaces they show the suction cup clinging to. This won't be my first suction cup mount, and while some are better than others, I bet sticking it to a regular wall, will last just long enough to take a picture of it. Naked dash and windo columns are touchy as well. Any sort of pebbleing makes it unlikely to stick. Be that as it may, looks useful if stuck to things that suction cups actually stick to.

Edit: Got to watch the video nopw that I am home. Sure looks impressive as far as sticking to assorted stuff. We'll see...ordered.

Last edited by Sven Johannsen; 06-25-2011 at 01:25 AM..