Apple Thoughts

Apple Thoughts - News & Reviews on all things Apple

Be sure to register in our forums and post your comments - we want to hear from you!

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > APPLE THOUGHTS > Apple Laptops

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-06-2011, 04:31 AM
Jeff Campbell
Executive Editor, Apple Thoughts
Default WaterField Designs MacBook Air Wallet Holds Everything You Need

http://www.sfbags.com/products/macb...kair-wallet.php

WaterField Designs is a company that makes an assortment of cases and bags, for a variety of products. Not only do they base their company out of San Francisco, it's also where they manufacture their products. They are known for high quality craftsmanship, as well as their customer service, and their latest case is no exception.

According to the Waterfield Designs website, the MacBook Air Wallet is "your compact MacBook Air travel case for the 11" & 13" MacBook Air and accessories." As you can see from the above image, they show how much stuff you can get inside one of these padded protective covers, and from my time using the Air Wallet, I have to agree with them. In fact, it holds a little more, as I was able to even fit my iPad (original version) in the Air Wallet, along with my 11 inch MacBook Air. They have two versions, one for the 11-inch MacBook Air for $89.00 USD, and another version for the 13-inch MacBook Air for $99.00 USD. 

Image 1: This case holds everything I need, including my iPad!

When I first received the case, I wasn't so sure I could get everything I needed inside it. It has a very slim design, with protective coverings on the corners and the bottom. It is also lined completely, so you have added protection when you slide in your MacBook Air, as well as having several lightly padded scratch free pockets for such things like, oh, perhaps a SuperDrive and a power adapter. My version was an earlier version without the rings for a shoulder strap, so having the rings added adds even more functionality to the case. I did find that using this as a parcel type case, or putting it inside another bag worked out pretty well though due to the thin design. It worked great on extended trips as it fit in my duffel bag, and added another layer of protection for my MacBook Air and iPad. 

Image 2: The MacBook Air Wallet closed with everything inside. 

The construction is solid, as it is with all of the products I've reviewed from WaterField Designs, and once I packed it with the power chords, iPad, 11 inch MacBook Air and SuperDrive, it closed easily and completely. As you can see from Image 2, the build quality is fantastic, but that is to be expected from WaterField Designs. This is a great case for times when you don't need to carry everything with you, but you need just enough to be functional. And with the added shoulder strap it adds even more functionality. 

Jeff Campbell is a 911 Dispatcher by trade, and is a fan of all things Apple. Some may say he is a fanboy, but he prefers to call himself a buyer of quality products. He lives in the Portland area with his 17 year old daughter and 3 legged cat called Tres.

Do you enjoy using new hardware, software and accessories, then sharing your experience with others? Then join us on the Thoughts Media Review Team! We're looking for individuals who find it fun to test new gear and give their honest opinions about the experience. It's a volunteer role with some great perks. Interested? Then click here for more information.