Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Articles & Resources

Old 05-12-2011, 06:00 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default The Best New Features Coming in the Windows Phone Mango Update

http://www.businessinsider.com/wind...features-2011-5

"The newest update to Windows Phone 7 called "Mango" (Windows Phone 7.5) is coming this fall with some enticing features.These new features illustrate WP7's open mindedness, but also the degree to which they are behind the competition."

Business Insider, easily my favourite newly-discovered site, has put together a list of the best upcoming features in Mango - and these are only the ones we know about. I have a feeling there may be a surprise or two when it ships. Of course, I was already surprised by one thing I saw on this list: SMS dictation! I seem to have missed that feature in the other round-ups of Mango features that I've read. There's some good stuff coming - and I sincerely hope that by the time Mango is ready to go, we won't have the scattered, confusing mess of an update story that we got with NoDo.

Old 05-12-2011, 10:51 PM
Fritzly
Sage

Dictating a SMS could be, depending by the circumstances, a nice addition but personally I would prefer much more to get the ability to backup them.

To be more accurate I should say "get back the ability to back up SMS".

Old 05-12-2011, 10:52 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritzly View Post
To be more accurate I should say "get back the ability to back up SMS".
Agreed. I'm a little surprised we haven't heard anything from the MyPhone Web team...there's been no offering from them for Windows Phone 7, which is puzzling. They've got to be working on something big...I hope!