Laptop Thoughts - News & Reviews on Laptops, Netbooks, Slates, and More

Be sure to register in our forums! Share your opinions, help others, and enter our contests.

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > LAPTOP THOUGHTS > Laptop Thoughts News

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-21-2011, 10:30 PM
Hooch Tan
Contributing Editor
Send a message via ICQ to Hooch Tan Send a message via MSN to Hooch Tan Send a message via Yahoo to Hooch Tan
Default Prepare to Welcome Your Alienware Overlords

http://www.laptopmag.com/review/lap...nware-m14x.aspx

"After creating the world's smallest gaming laptop with the M11x and one of the most powerful with the M17x, Alienware has decided to split the difference with its new 14-inch M14x. Like its larger and smaller siblings, this notebook has many of the features Alienware is known for--powerful graphics, snazzy design, a multicolored backlit keyboard, and neat extras such as built-in Wireless HD."

Normally, if you want to experience high-end gaming, you have to cart around a laptop that weighs more than a baby.  There are more mobile solutions, but they tend to make a few compromises, especially when you get into the multra-mobile sector.  The 17" to 20" benemoths give you everything you could possibly want, and the next step down tends to be those in the 15"-16" range.  Stepping just slightly smaller is the M14X.  The slightly smaller size does afford a few benefits being a lighter and more portable, and without many compromises.  I only wish it has a 1080p matte screen.  Still, for gaming on the go, it is hard to do any better (or pricier) than Alienware.  I will just keep lusting after them for when my investment in lottery tickets pays off.