Android Thoughts - Opinions, News, Advice & Reviews on Android Devices

Be sure to register in our forums! Share your opinions, help others, and enter our contests.

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ANDROID THOUGHTS > Android News

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-12-2011, 01:00 PM
Craig Horlacher
Contributing Editor
Default A 10" Dell Android Tablet is Coming

http://blogs.forbes.com/elizabethwo...ng-this-summer/

"Today I have learned through another source at Dell that the company does have a 10-inch [Android] tablet that is expected sooner, possibly as early as June."

Forbes got some info on new Dell tablets on the way.  At first it was expected they would not release an Android tablet until 2012.  Now it turns out a 10" Android tablet could be released in June!  Now the Dell Streak 5" and 7" only have 480x800 resolution screens so that really makes them questionable as tablets.  They also only run Froyo for now.  If Dell turns things around with the 10" and go with at least a 1280x800 display we could have a real contender on our hands.  It will at least be running Honeycomb so that's a good start.  Dell sells a lot of computers so if they start getting serious about Android I think that's a good thing for Android in general!  I also wonder if Dell wouldn't be the one to really start a tablet price war.  Everyone could benefit from that!  What are your thoughts on a Dell Android tablet?