Laptop Thoughts - News & Reviews on Laptops, Netbooks, Slates, and More

Be sure to register in our forums! Share your opinions, help others, and enter our contests.

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > LAPTOP THOUGHTS > Laptop Thoughts News

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-11-2011, 08:30 PM
Hooch Tan
Contributing Editor
Send a message via ICQ to Hooch Tan Send a message via MSN to Hooch Tan Send a message via Yahoo to Hooch Tan
Default The March of Progress: The ASUS K53E Reviewed

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4262/...re-sandy-bridge

"ntel has taken the stock K53E and fitted it with a faster i5-2520M processor, which should be a moderate performance bump from the K53E with i5-2410M and a healthy upgrade from the non-Turbo i3-2310M model. The i5-2520M runs at a stock clock speed of 2.5GHz with Turbo modes running at up to 3.2GHz; in contrast, the i5-2410M checks in at 2.3GHz with a 2.9GHz max Turbo, and the poor i3-2310M runs at a constant 2.1GHz. There are a few other changes as well, depending on which model you want to take as the baseline."

As new form factors continue to amaze and entertain, the workhorse that is now the laptop, or notebook, if you prefer, continues improving.  The ASUS K53E is not going to break any records, but it does show that notebooks are not standing still.  The question mostly comes down to when is the right time to buy a computer?  Special sales put aside, I have generally believed that the best time to buy is when you absolutely need it.  Waiting until a particular model comes out only gives you more time to get interested in something even further down the line.