Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware > Dell Windows Phones

Old 03-31-2011, 07:30 AM
Nelson Ocampo
Ponderer
Default Dell Venue Pro Gets NoDo Update

http://www.engadget.com/2011/03/30/...ll-update-to-f/

"Dell has just confirmed that the much-anticipated NoDo Windows Phone 7 update has begun rolling out to devices today, and also announced that a separate update of its own will be "coming later."

It looks like owners of the Dell Venue Pro have something to be happy about.  Not only do they get the NoDo update, which includes copy & paste, but they also can expect another update from Dell in the near future.  Hopefully this fixes some of the hardware issues that have been plaguing some Dell Venue Pro handsets.  

Old 03-31-2011, 06:18 PM
Don Tolson
Thoughts Media Review Team

Has anyone in NA got a Vue Pro? I've been checking the usual sources (eBay, etc.) but can only find the unit being sold for European markets.

I'm wondering if this is truly a 'world phone' that would work on AT&T's 3G frequencies...

Old 04-01-2011, 07:48 PM
efjay
Theorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Tolson View Post
Has anyone in NA got a Vue Pro? I've been checking the usual sources (eBay, etc.) but can only find the unit being sold for European markets.

I'm wondering if this is truly a 'world phone' that would work on AT&T's 3G frequencies...
Freely available from Dell.com. Only has T-Mo and Euro 3G - 900/1700/2100.

Old 04-01-2011, 10:22 PM
Don Tolson
Thoughts Media Review Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by efjay View Post
Freely available from Dell.com. Only has T-Mo and Euro 3G - 900/1700/2100.
Interesting... not even picked up on search on dell.ca.

eBay only has two listings -- one from the UK and one from US, currently going @ $300 USD (regularly $499USD from dell.com). Wonder why more people aren't reselling? Maybe they are REALLY happy with their phone...

Old 04-04-2011, 07:09 PM
EricMCarson
Ponderer
Default Would never resell mine

I am a US user of the DVP, and I would never resell this phone. The OLED screen is gorgeous, without any crazy tinting like I have seen on the Samsung Focus, and the slideout keyboard is perfect for my needs. Sizewise, it feels smaller than my previous phone, the HTC Touch Pro 2, and the build quality is so much better than that phone.

The NoDo update really improves app load times and removes all the Marketplace hangs that were previously there.