Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware > HTC Windows Phones

Old 03-25-2011, 07:00 PM
Nelson Ocampo
Ponderer
Default HTC Arrive on Sprint - Comprehensive Review by PhoneArena

http://www.phonearena.com/reviews/H...e-Review_id2693

"Windows Phone 7 launched last fall, but without CDMA support a vast majority of users in the US have yet to be exposed to the complete overhaul of Windows Mobile. This drought has come to the end with the launch of the HTC Arrive for Sprint. Though this is the first CDMA Windows Phone 7 (WP7), it is middle of the pack in terms of features. That said, all WP7 devices are generously spec’d so the Arrive is hardly underpowered. Featured specs include a 1GHz Snapdragon processor, a crisp 480x800 3.6” display, 16GB of storage and a 5 megapixel camera with flash capable of recording 720p HD video. The HTC Arrive also comes with the latest version of WP7, allowing users to copy and paste. Included with the Arrive you’ll get a 1500mAh battery, microUSB cable and AC wall adapter."

PhoneArena does a great job at explaining the pros and cons of the HTC Arrive.  The review is very positive overall, with compliments on the phone's build quality as well as the smooth and snappy operating system.In the beginning of the review, comparisons are made the the HTC Shift because they are similar looking devices from the same manufacturer.  PhoneArena concludes that while the HTC Shift is a very solid device, the build quality of the HTC Arrive is superior.  The Arrive also offers a screen capable of displaying 16 million colors as opposed to the Shift's 65 thousand.Check out the link for the detailed review.  Will you be picking up an Arrive?

Old 03-25-2011, 07:44 PM
fgarcia10
Intellectual
Default My First WP7

I just bought this phone from RadioShack a few days ago to replace my EVO 4G and I'm not missing the EVO. I like the EVO don't get me wrong but I wanted a new fresh OS and I was waiting for Sprint to have a handset with it, even my son who loves his pixi though the phone was cool

Old 03-25-2011, 09:22 PM
Nelson Ocampo
Ponderer

If this was available through AT&T at WP7 launch I probably would have picked it instead of my Focus.

I still like the Focus, but I was originally looking for something with a keyboard. But the LG Quantum was less than impressive.